Oracle® Buys AmberPoint
By pfolgado-Oracle on Fev 10, 2010
Strengthens Oracle Fusion Middleware SOA Suite and Oracle Enterprise Manager With Best-in-class SOA Management Capabilities
- Oracle has agreed to acquire AmberPoint, a leader in Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Management.
- AmberPoint's solutions help organizations diagnose and resolve issues in application performance and business transactions, such as insurance claims processing or account provisioning where multiple applications need to work together.
- AmberPoint's SOA management products further extend Oracle Fusion Middleware's industry-leading SOA capabilities including Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle SOA Governance and Oracle Enterprise Manager accelerating the resolution of application performance and business transactions issues before the business is impacted.
- The addition of AmberPoint demonstrates Oracle's commitment to provide customers with a comprehensive Oracle Fusion Middleware SOA offering that helps improve performance and reduce IT costs through end-to-end SOA management and Business Transaction Management solutions.
- The transaction is expected to close the first half of this year. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
- "AmberPoint and Oracle share a vision of providing customers with comprehensive SOA management capabilities that support modern IT environments and are also complete, open, and integrated," said Thomas Kurian, Oracle Executive Vice President, Product Development. "We expect the addition of AmberPoint's products to Oracle Fusion Middleware SOA Suite will provide stronger end-to-end governance that allows customers to manage the entire lifecycle of SOA-based solutions, providing visibility and management across heterogeneous environments."
- "AmberPoint has been providing our customers with tremendous value through governing and managing composite applications, and we expect that this combination with Oracle will provide enterprise customers with a comprehensive offering that enables even more real-time visibility into their business processes," said John Hubinger, AmberPoint CEO.