Terça-feira Fev 17, 2015
Segunda-feira Mar 17, 2014
By pfolgado-Oracle on Mar 17, 2014
After April, 1st, 2014, the previous Exadata Database Machine Models X2-2 and X2-8 OPN Specialization will no longer qualify for partner companies to be Exadata Specialized.
With the launch of the Exadata X3 and X4 models, OPN specialists (Sales,
Presales and Implementation) must recertify by passing the new Oracle Exadata
Database Machine 2014 specialists assessments.
To help partners to prepare for these tests, we are organizing the Exadata Database Machine 2014 Sales & PreSales Night School. This will provide Sales and PreSales consultants with an overview of the new features and benefits of the Exadata X3 and X4 models, together with the customer value propositions, and selling strategies.
The knowledge gained from this course can be used for both new account development, and for targeting existing accounts for upgrades and consolidation projects.
The sessions are delivered as a Live Virtual Class which you can attend directly from your desktop.
Session 1 - March, 17th
(18:00-20:00 CET, 5-7 pm UK)
Audience: Sales and PreSales Consultants
Duration: Two hours - Live Virtual Class
The first day of the Night School takes a look at the market size, trends, and opportunities for the Exadata Database Machine versions X4-2 and X3-8. It will focus on the knowledge and skills needed to be fully equipped to explain the benefits provided by the new features of Exadata, allowing them to address specific business challenges faced by their customers.
Session 2 - March, 18th
(18:00-20:00 CET, 5-7 pm UK)
Audience: PreSales Consultants
Duration: Two hours - Live Virtual Class
The second day of the Night School provides a deeper technical overview of the product's features, technical capabilities and benefits, system architecture, customer value propositions, and sales strategies.
- Describe the key features, benefits and capabilities of the Exadata Database Machine and how they provide the hardware platform of choice for many key Oracle solutions.
- Qualify customer needs and requirements, and align them to the strengths of the product.
- Describe Exadata system architecture and key technology features.
- Upsell and cross-sell opportunities for Exadata.
- Position and overcome customer objections for Exadata.
- Sales and Presales consultants that had passed the Exadata OPN Specialists assessments for the Exadata Database Machine Models X2-2 and X2-8 and want to update to the Oracle Exadata Database Machine 2014 specializationMiddleware EMEA.
- Sales and Presales consultants that want to become Oracle Exadata Database Machine 2014 specialized Middleware EMEA.
- This training is open for registration to Oracle Partners from Europe, Middle East and Africa only.
- Free of charge for Oracle Partners.
Don't miss this opportunity and Register Today!
Domingo Dez 29, 2013
Domingo Jul 28, 2013
By pfolgado-Oracle on Jul 28, 2013
Oracle Systems with Solaris – Best platform for Oracle Software
Join Oracle for this special event as we take an in-depth look at how Oracle Solaris is co-engineered with Oracle’s systems and software to deliver the best possible user experience. Join us Wednesday, August 7th from 17:00 -19:00 (Portugal Time). Register today.
Quarta-feira Jul 03, 2013
By Michaela Seika-Oracle on Jul 03, 2013
We are pleased to announce the EMEA T5-8 Acceleration Promotion, a price promotion that, for a limited time, makes the T5-8 server available to our EMEA partners at a very attractive discount.
Why the SPARC T5-8 server
Oracle's SPARC servers running Oracle Solaris are ideal for mission-critical applications requiring high performance, best-in-class availability, and unmatched scalability on all application tiers. SPARC servers include built-in virtualization, systems management, and security at no additional cost. Designed for applications that demand the highest performance and 24x7 availability.
Oracle's SPARC T5-8 server is the fastest and the most advanced, scalable midrange server in the Oracle portfolio.
The Oracle SPARC T5-8 server is in the sweet spot of the UNIX midrange, and directly competing with IBM P770(+) and P780(+) systems, with a 7x price advantage (see official Oracle press release) over a similarly configured P780 system!
What are we offering
Effective immediately, the fully-configured T5-8 server is available to VADs with a 38% discount off price list: this is 8 additional points on top of the standard 30% contractual discount.
The promo will be communicated to VADs and VARs, and VADs are expected to pass the additional discount through to the VARs. Resellers will be encouraged to use this attractive price to position T5-8 versus the competition, accelerate T5-8 sales, and use the increased margin to offer additional services to their end users - thus expanding their footprint within their customers and making the T5-8 business proposition even more compelling.
This is a unique opportunity for partners to expand their base and beat the competition with a 7x price advantage over a similarly configured IBM P780.
This price promotion is only available to OPN Partners, and is valid until November 30, 2013.
What's in it for Partners
More competitive price
More customer budget available for more projects: attach migration services, training, ...
Opportunity to attach Storage, and additional Software
Higher win rate
The promotion is valid for the existing configurations of T5-8 with 8 CPU and different memory configurations, including all X-options that are part of the system and ordered at the same time. 8% additional discount to the VAD on full T5-8 - Including X-Options:
- Cat V (30% + 8% additional): System, CPU, Memory, Disks, Ethernet
- Cat U (22% + 8% additional): Infiniband HCA
- Cat W (30% + 8% additional): FC/SAS HBA / FCoE CNA
Partner eligibilty criteria
Standard requirements apply. Partners must:
- be an OPN member in good standing, at Gold level or above
- meet the Resale criteria in the SPARC T-Series servers Knowledge Zone
- have a right to distribute hardware via the Full Use Distribution Agreement, with Hardware Addendum if applicable.
The promotion is available until November 30, 2013.
VADs place the order via Oracle Partner Store. A request for extra-discount has to be raised in advance using the standard process for available configs:
- input the configuration
- apply the suggested discounts
- submit the request
- in the request documentation, please refer to EMEA T5-8 FY14H1 Channel Promotion as approved in GDMT GT-EB2-Q413-107C
This promotion is only valid for the T5-8 configurations stated in this announcement. Any change, or additional products / items not listed explicitly, can be ordered at the same time and will follow standard approval process.
- Your local A&C organization
- For questions on EMEA Partner Programs for Servers: Giuseppe Facchetti
- For questions on the T5-8 product: Martin de Jong
Senior Director, Sales & Strategy, Hardware Solutions
Senior Director, EMEA Servers Product Management
- FY16 FLY HIGH: Webcast Series
- Oracle Sales University "Customer Experience" | 02 Fevereiro 2016
- Global Sales Engineering (GSE) Demo Environments
- Invitation: Oracle EMEA Infrastructure Partner Community Forum
- Oracle Infrastructure Cloud Briefing
- Workshop for EMEA Partners: Oracle Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud (EPRCS) Workshop for Partners
- Oracle Big Data Discovery Sales Update - 21 de Janeiro 2016
- Oracle Cloud Platform: Infrastructure as a Service Workshop for Partners
- Oracle Database Security Workshop - Sessão técnica para parceiros - 17/ NOV
- Oracle Procurement Cloud Implementation Workshops for EMEA Partners