By User801018-Oracle on Nov 25, 2013
Oracle RightNow Cloud Service PartnerLab PILOT
Objective of the PartnerLab PILOT: To increase product awareness of Oracle RightNow Cloud Service.
This PartnerLab event presents the fundamental concepts of the Oracle Customer Service Applications in Cloud.
It introduces you to functional areas of the product, how it is used and what you need to consider when implementing it for an organization.
15-16 January 2014
Viale Fulvio Testi 136
20092 Cinisello Balsamo
Free of charge.
Nature of the event: This PartnerLab is a workshop type of 2 day event led by Oracle PreSales and Product Development subject matter experts. These 2 days consist of discussions, presentations, demonstration and hands on exercises. Note: hands on exercises in a Cloud environment. It is not an implementation training. This PartnerLab will be delivered in English
Preferred profile of a participant: This PartnerLab is designed for Customer Service Implementation architects, presales and implementation consultants; those who will support your Oracle RightNow Cloud Service sales and consulting practice as it grows. These individuals may be members of a centre of excellence, or skills leadership office. The individual who is attending the PartnerLab must have prior experience implementing a Customer Service solution. We expect your participant to leverage lessons learned onwards in your organization (i.e. a Train the Trainer approach).
Seats available for your Organization: Two (out of total 16). Note that we have only 16 seats in total for this event. Please plan in advance your backup person in case you will have to cancel your attendance.
Mandatory prerequisites for a participant: Please complete assessment before you attend the PartnerLab event: the assessments cover foundational information about Oracle RightNow Cloud Service.
This is the 1st Oracle RightNow Cloud Service PartnerLab PILOT (globally) meaning:
- We have not done this earlier, so it is possible there might be some demo "effects".
- We will be utilizing 1st time ever Wireless Access in the context of an Oracle RightNow Cloud Service PartnerLab, thus, there might be occasionally temporarily and unexpected lack of wireless bandwidth.
- We might not have all Answers to Questions raised, in which case we will provide an Answer later.
- We will have Oracle RightNow Cloud Service Subject Matter Experts (SME) hosting 16 Participants, each SME having a certain Customer Service Area in their responsibility. So, you have a good chance to network with the right people.
Take and pass assessments prior to participate to the PartnerLab:
- Oracle RightNow CX Cloud Service Sales Specialist Guided Learning Path
- Oracle RightNow CX Cloud Service PreSales Specialist Guided Learning Path
Please notice that you will have to have your Oracle account updated with your OPN pin code, read more here. The topics covered during the PartnerLab will build on this foundational information, so it is very important that you complete this pre-work prior to the first day of the PartnerLab. For potential technical issues please contact the Partner Business Center.
Tentative Agenda: Please see below the tentative agenda (subject to changes).
|Day 1||Day 2|
|09.00 - 11.30||
Start Day 1
RightNow Cloud Service Overview
Web Self Service Overview
Web Self Service Hands-On Labs
|09.00 - 11.30||
Start Day 2
Contact Center Overview
Contact Center Hands-On Labs
|11.30 - 11.45||Break||11.30 - 11.45||Break|
|11.45 - 12.45||
Knowledge Base Overview
Knowledge Base Hands-On Lab
|11.45 - 12.30||
Reports and Dashboard Overview
Reports and Dashboard Hands-On Labs
|12.45 - 13.45||Lunch||12.30 - 13.30||Lunch|
|13.45 - 15.15||
Social Self Service, Monitoring and Community Overview
Social Hands-On Labs
|13.30 - 15.30||
Marketing and Feedback Overview
Marketing and Feedback Hands-On Labs
|15.15 - 15.30||Break||15.30 - 15.45||Break|
|15.30 - 17.00||
Administration Capabilities Overview
Administration Hands-On Labs
|15.45 - 17.00||
Customer Case Studies
|17.00 - 17.15||
Q&A - Day 1 wrap up
After closing buffet dinner at Oracle
Q&A - Day 1 wrap up
REGISTRATION: Register via this link as soon as possible, 10th January, latest. Note that we have only 16 seats in total for this event and after the 10th of January we will release free seats for other organizations to register. Please plan in advance your backup person in case you will have to cancel your attendance.
Important! In order to register you need to have an OPN account. Please see the Profile badging step-by-step guide for partners for reference on how to create the account.
We look forward to your participation!
What we expect from you:
- You will bring your own laptop.
- You will bring your own 3G USB modem for backup.
- You have conducted the assessments.
- You will be flexible in terms of Agenda and Progress as we intend this to be more of a Workshop having Dialogue rather than sticking tightly into the tentative timeline.
- You will provide lots of written feedback comments as after this Pilot we will evaluate whether we would start Oracle RightNow Cloud Service PartnerLab Program or not (Program meaning a series of similar 2 Days Workshop Hands On Events hosted by Oracle Alliances & Channels to Ecosystem in EMEA). Thus, you'll have an unique chance to contribute into this Decision and Content/Format of this potential Program.
What this is not:
- This PartnerLab does not replace Oracle University Trainings.
- This PartnerLab does not lead to a Certification as such.
- This PartnerLab does not enable Partners to full and complete implementation skills.