By Michaela Seika-Oracle on Dec 19, 2014
The Oracle team is pleased to invite your HCM Practice to a 10-days hands-on Oracle HCM Cloud R9 Implementation Workshop. Oracle will organize six 10-days Workshops between January - June 2015. We invite you to join the workshop InClass or Remotely (avoid travel time and travel costs by joining remotely).
These Invite-Only hands-on workshops will be delivered by Oracle Development at No-Fee to Partners.
A Workshop consists of live presentations, live demos, and hands-on laboratory exercises. Participants will have access to an Oracle HCM Cloud environment during the workshop and for a limited time afterwards.
IMPORTANT: These workshops are available to selected Oracle Partners with a current OPN Gold Level or higher membership. A fully executed Oracle Cloud Services Training Addendum is required for this workshop.
If your company has not previously accepted this addendum, please click here to review and accept the terms and conditions. You should be authorized by your company to accept the legal addendum.
This 10-day workshop will cover the following topics:
» Welcome & HCM/HR Overview (including What’s New in Release 9)
» Functional Setup Manager
» Enterprise Structures
» Job & Position Structures
» Legal Structures
» Workforce Structures
» Enterprise HCM Information
» Grade, Grade Rates, Grade Ladders
» Jobs and Positions
» Workforce Lifecycle
» Worker Directories
» Workforce Records
» Workforce Modeling
» Talent Management Overview (including What’s New in Release 9)
» Workforce Profiles
» Goal Management
» Performance Management – Setup & Evaluations
» Succession Management & Talent Pools
» Talent Review
» BI Reporting & Export
» Import Data
» Extend & Personalize HCM
» Approvals, Workflow, & Notifications
Approximately 4 hours of live presentation and Q&A daily. Participants will independently work on laboratory activities after the 4-hour live presentation. Participants are expected to complete laboratory exercises in the afternoon using provided laboratory guides. Attendees will get access to an Oracle HCM Cloud environment, and they must complete the assigned laboratory work daily.
Participants should have general skills in implementing and extending HCM applications (e.g. Peoplesoft, E-Business Suite, etc.).
There will be some work to prepare prior to attending, this will be sent to you on confirmation of your attendance. Please plan on spending approximately 2 days (prior to the workshop) to go over the prerequisite material. Please review the following:
» Review Release 9: Spotlight on Modern HCM
» Review Release 9: Spotlight on Global HR
» Review Release 9: HCM Social
» Review What’s New: Global Human Resources for Release 9
» Review What’s New: Talent Management for Release 9
» Review Release TOI
Participants are expected to conduct respective Certified Implementation Specialist Exam 1-2 months after the workshop. Upon completion of the workshop, attendees may be eligible to receive a free voucher to take the Certified Implementation Specialist exam. Details will be provided later.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: This workshop requires attendees to provide their own laptop therefore please take note of the system requirements below. For more details see: "System Requirements for Oracle Applications Cloud".
- Install Safari 5, Google Chrome 16, or Firefox 9.3
- Review Browser Configuration for more details
- MS Office installed
- MyOracle Support (MOS) System
- Oracle.com – In order to access Oracle Beehiveonline Workspace
Download the following:
- JDK version 7 (1.7) must be installed on each machine prior to installing BI Publisher Desktop.
2. Click Java SE Development Kit 7u21 and accept the license agreement.
3. Download the installer:
- For Windows 7, click jdk-7u21-windows-x64.exe, then sign on with your Oracle account.
- For Windows XP, click jdk-7u21-windows-i586.exe, then sign on with your Oracle account.
4. Run the installer.
- Install BI Publisher Desktop - Note: BI Publisher Desktop, installed after the JDK, must be the 32-bit version even on 64-bit machines.
1. Go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-publisher/downloads/index.html and accept the user license agreement.
2. Scroll down and select Oracle BI Publisher Desktop 188.8.131.52.0 for 32 bit Office on Windows.
3. With Word, Excel, and Outlook closed, run the installer.
Please send the list of participants to your Oracle A&C contact sooner the better. Please provide the following information: Workshop, Workshop date, InClass or Remote, Partner Company, Participant’s name, Participant’s Corporate Email Address, Resident Country. A confirmation email alert will be sent to registrants upon approval.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership!