Einladung: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Boot Camp
By Michaela Seika-Oracle on Apr 24, 2012
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Boot Camp - Implementation Boot Camp for Oracle Partners
The Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (OEID) Boot Camp is designed to give partners an understanding of OEID’s features, and how it complements the existing Oracle Business Intelligence suite. Participants will learn how to develop & implement solutions using a Data Discovery method.
What will be covered?
The Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (OEID) Boot Camp is a three-day class with a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises, tailored to make participants aware of the Oracle Endeca Information Discovery platform, and to gain valuable skills in implementation best practices.
Following the lecture portion, a one-day practicum will provide participants with hands-on experience with the OEID platform. The practicum will allow participants to apply the knowledge they have gained by extracting from sample data sources, and creating an end-user application that will be used to answer several business questions.
The Boot Camp will provide participants with a virtual machine (VM) of a working OEID demo.
Who Should attend?
This boot camp is intended for prospective implementers of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (OEID), or those in a presales role looking to gain insight into the benefits of this new package. Attendees should have experience and familiarity with the basic concepts of business intelligence.
What You Will Learn
- Architecture: OEID Components, use of graphs, overview of clustering
- OEID Installation: Architecture planning, infrastructure requirements, installation process, production hints & tips
- OEID Administration: Index creation and management, administrative operations, portal configuration, data sources, system monitoring
- Indexing: Data source analysis, ETL process, Graph creation, OES loading
- Querying: Query types, web services, result sets
- Portlets: Studio portlets, custom portlet development
- Reporting: Analytics, LQL, charting
- You must bring a laptop with you for the Hands-on labs
- Familiarity with basic business intelligence, search & navigation concepts
This workshop duration is 3 days:
- Day 1 – May 14th : 8:30am Sign-in & Training Starts
- Day 2 – May 15th : 9:00am Training Starts
- Day 3 – May 16th : 9:00am Training Starts
Please register here.