invitation: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Bootcamp
By mseika on Sep 13, 2012
The Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (OEID) Boot Camp is designed to give partners an understanding of OEID’s features, and how it complements the existing Oracle Business Intelligence suite. Participants will learn how to develop & implement solutions using a Data Discovery method.
Training is in English
What will be covered?
The Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (OEID) Boot Camp is a three-day class with a combination of lecture and hands-on exercises, tailored to make participants aware of the Oracle Endeca Information Discovery platform, and to gain valuable skills for the implementation of projects.
The course will follow a combination of lectures and hands-on lab sessions, to allow participants to apply the knowledge they have gained by extracting from sample data sources, and creating an end-user application that will be used to answer several business questions.
What You Will Learn
- Architecture: OEID Components, use of graphs, overview of clustering
- OEID Installation: Architecture planning, infrastructure requirements, installation process, production hints & tips
- OEID Administration: Data store management, administrative operations, portal configuration, data sources, system monitoring
- Indexing: Integration Suite, Data source analysis, Graph (ETL) creation, record design techniques
- Portlets: Studio portlets, custom portlet development, querying functions
- Reporting: Studio applications & best practices, visualizations, EQL
You must bring a laptop with you for the Hands-on labs
ENVIRONMENT – LAPTOP REQUIREMENTS
For the OEID boot camp, participants will perform the hands-on lab exercises using a virtual machine image. These virtual machines will be provided to participants within a cloud environment, requiring participants to bring a laptop to the Boot Camp that can access a Windows server utilizing Microsoft RDP from their laptop.
Participants will not need to install any software onto their laptops, but must ensure that they have the proper software installed for their OS, to connect through RDP to a server.
• CPU: Dual-core, x64, 1.8Ghz or higher
• RAM: 2GB
• Microsoft Remote Desktop Client
• Internet Explorer 7, Firefox, or Google
Where and When