By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Oct 20, 2015
Today we are announcing Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux Release 2. It is the first commercially available OpenStack deployment based on Docker containers without the need to install components individually with RPMs.
Based on the upstream Kilo release, Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux R2 includes support for new modules such as Heat and Murano. The new release also uses MySQL Cluster to provide mission-critical Active/Active High Availability (HA), high performance and scalability for all OpenStack services.
Highlights of Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux Release 2:
- Deployment and operation are simplified compared to other vendors’ releases, by leveraging Docker-based containers for deployment and upgrades.
- Based on upstream Kilo release
- With integrated high availability features customers can now deploy MySQL in an Active/Active configuration, bringing enterprise database functionality to OpenStack cloud deployments.
- Cinder drivers for Oracle All Flash FS Storage System and Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance are supported. Ceph Storage solutions are offered as a technology preview with Oracle Linux, utilizing the Ceph Object Gateway.
- Integrated enterprise OpenStack cloud solution with a single line of support.
- Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux is free to download and use.
If you are attending OOW15:
- Visit Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux Demopod located at Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and OpenStack Showcase, Moscone South, Booth #121, Kiosk: SLX-010 to talk to product manager and engineers
- Attend sessions:
- General Session: Oracle Linux-the State of the Penguin [GEN9479], Tuesday, Oct 27, 11:00 a.m. | Park Central-Metropolitan II
- Maximize Your Private Cloud Investment with Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux [CON9574], Wednesday, Oct 28, 4:15 p.m. | Park Central-Metropolitan II
- Rapid Private Cloud with Oracle VM and Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux [CON9576], Wednesday, Oct 28, 1:45 p.m. | Park Central-Metropolitan II
- HOL: Getting Started with Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux [HOL10473], Monday, Oct 26, 12:30 p.m. | Hotel Nikko—Nikko Ballroom II (3rd Floor)