By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on Feb 25, 2015
Now generally available, the Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux distribution allows users to control Oracle Linux and Oracle VM through OpenStack in production environments. Based on the OpenStack Icehouse release, Oracle’s distribution provides customers with increased choice and interoperability and takes advantage of the efficiency, performance, scalability, and security of Oracle Linux and Oracle VM. Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux is available as part of Oracle Linux Premier Support and Oracle VM Premier Support offerings at no additional cost.
The Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux distribution is generally available, allowing customers to use OpenStack software with Oracle Linux and Oracle VM.
Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux is OpenStack software that installs on top of Oracle Linux. To help ensure flexibility and openness, it can support any guest operating system (OS) that is supported with Oracle VM, including Oracle Linux, Oracle Solaris, Microsoft Windows, and other Linux distributions.
This release allows customers to build a highly scalable, multitenant environment and integrate with the rich ecosystem of plug-ins and extensions available for OpenStack.
In addition, Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux can integrate with third-party software and hardware to provide more choice and interoperability for customers.
Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux is available as a free download from the Oracle Public Yum Server and Unbreakable Linux Network (ULN).
An Oracle VM VirtualBox image of the product is also available on Oracle Technology Network, providing an easy way to get started with OpenStack.
Here are some of the benefits :
- Extends choice for building public or private clouds with enterprise-class components
- Accelerates cloud deployment with ease and peace of mind
- Provides end-to-end support from the OpenStack platform to base OS, guest OS and Oracle workloads from a single vendor
- Delivers built-in high-availability support with Oracle Clusterware to ensure continuity and resiliency of OpenStack services
- Reduces total cost of ownership with zero license cost and low enterprise support cost
Read more at Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux website