By Mike Mulkey-Oracle on Apr 22, 2015
ISV developers take note, this is even better than FREE beer!
The majority of Oracle’s top enterprise customers run their most mission-critical applications on Oracle Solaris today. Solaris is the vehicle by which Oracle customers leverage the power of the SPARC microprocessor - - delivering world-record performance, maximum scalability, and continuous reliable service.
There are 113 examples of this on the Oracle customer & partner success portal. Take a look!
But the question ISV developers are asking is how they can gain access to Oracle Solaris for development purposes - - where they need access to multiple development systems with Solaris licenses for testing and validation work in a pre-production environment. And they especially want access to the latest release of Oracle Solaris where they can exploit some of the new features, such as OpenStack functionality, building a simple and secure cloud, or being able to deliver unique innovation for Oracle database or middleware applications. And as we all know developers, they want it for FREE -- as in FREE beer.
Ok, we get it, and the Oracle Solaris Development Initiative (SDI) provides just that — and more.
And yes — it is FREE to ISV developers who are Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Members, as long as they are Gold members (or above). Here is just a sampling of what you get:
- Development and demonstration licenses for Oracle Solaris, Oracle Solaris Cluster, and Oracle Solaris Studio
- Access to software patches, updates, new releases for Oracle Solaris products
- My Oracle Support (MOS) access for performance & feature enhancements, security patches, & bug fixes
- Access to all MOS self-help technical resources such as security alerts, product docs, & support services
- Developer support via email for technical questions around Oracle Solaris products, including Oracle technologies integrating with Solaris
- Access to a Solaris development cloud with preconfigured Oracle Solaris developer zones
- And more...
All for FREE -- are you kidding me?!
No. Provided you are an OPN Gold member (or above), Oracle is quite serious about this.
And if you are not yet an OPN member — this program alone should be reason to join.
We may not be offering free beer [yet],
but the SDI program will move you further down the path to success for learning to run the most complete and proven enterprise-class operating system in the world. For FREE.