By Mike Mulkey-Oracle on Dec 16, 2015
Our ISV partners are beginning to ask us if we ARE kidding, as we continue to produce a plethora of evidence demonstrating the performance, security, throughput and many other advantages of Oracle's new SPARC M7 systems. Hearing things like 2x more cores, 2x more threads, 4x larger cache per core, 4x more I/O bandwidth... can tend to lose their meaning after awhile. Does combining software and silicon really amount to that big of a difference!? And just what do those "x" numbers equate to when it comes to real world application of these new SPARC M7 systems?
We'll let you be the judge -- here is a compilation of what evidence we have to date. We'll continue to add-on as it comes in.
- Forrester: Oracle Delivers “Software on Silicon”
- Enterprise Strategy Group: Oracle M7 Enhances CPU-level Security
- SiliconANGLE: Oracle debuts first systems with 10-billion-transistor SPARC M7 chip
- Ovum: Oracle's latest Sparc refresh puts software in silicon
- Forbes: The Breakthrough Technology That Will Turbocharge Big Data And Cloud Computing
- IDC: What If Oracle Is On To Something?
- ESG: I May Be Losing My Mind – I’m Believing In Oracle Hardware
- Siemens Eyes Dramatic Increase in Speed of SPARC M7 Servers
- MSC Software Sees Amazing Throughput with Oracle's SPARC T7
- The Advantage of Running Temenos on Oracle Engineered Systems
- Quartet FS In-Memory Analytics Java Advantage on SPARC
Customer and Partner Quotes (in Press Release):
- B&H Photo Video: "run 83x faster on SPARC T7"
- Informationsverarbeitung für Versicherungen GmbH (ivv): "will dramatically increase the speed of services"
- University Hospitals Leuven: “SPARC is the only suitable platform that meets our application needs"
- BPC: “excited to see dramatic performance increases"
- Capitek: “the only effective method of protection against dangerous programming vulnerabilities"
- MSC Software: “able to deliver better core-to-core throughput than an Intel Xeon X5 v3 server"
- SAS: “detected difficult to find run-time errors far more quickly than other products"
- Siemens PLM Software: “tests of the new Oracle SPARC M7 servers showed dramatic performance improvements"
- Software AG: “achieved an amazing 2.8X performance increase"
Why not TRY OUT M7 and see for yourself?
Oracle now offers partners, customers and university researchers access to a Software in Silicon Cloud, which provides developers a secure and ready-to-run virtual machine environment to install, test, and improve their code in a SPARC M7/T7 system running Oracle Solaris.