By Mike Mulkey-Oracle on May 26, 2016
Our ISV partners are beginning to ask us if we ARE kidding, as we continue to produce a plethora of evidence demonstrating the performance, security, throughput and many other advantages of Oracle's new SPARC M7 systems. Hearing things like 2x more cores, 2x more threads, 4x larger cache per core, 4x more I/O bandwidth... can tend to lose their meaning after awhile.
Does combining software and silicon really amount to that big of a difference!?
And just what do those "x" numbers equate to when it comes to real world application of these new SPARC M7 systems?
We'll let you be the judge --
here is a compilation of what evidence we have to date.
- Forrester: Oracle Delivers “Software on Silicon”
- Enterprise Strategy Group: Oracle M7 Enhances CPU-level Security
- SiliconANGLE: Oracle debuts first systems with 10-billion-transistor SPARC M7 chip
- Ovum: Oracle's latest Sparc refresh puts software in silicon
- Forbes: The Breakthrough Technology That Will Turbocharge Big Data And Cloud Computing
- IDC: What If Oracle Is On To Something?
- ESG: I May Be Losing My Mind – I’m Believing In Oracle Hardware
- Wikibon: Software-in-Silicon Drives Oracle SPARC M7 Processors
- Edison: Security & Performance Advantages with Oracle Software in Silicon
- Siemens Eyes Dramatic Increase in Speed of SPARC M7 Servers
- MSC Software Sees Amazing Throughput with Oracle's SPARC T7
- The Advantage of Running Temenos on Oracle Engineered Systems
- Quartet FS In-Memory Analytics Java Advantage on SPARC
ISV Blogs:- Unbeatable Scalability of SAP ASE on Oracle M7
- SAS and Oracle SPARC M7 Silicon Secured Memory
- Amazing Results on SPARC T7 by MSC Software
- SPARC T7 - Minutes to Seconds!
Customer and Partner Quotes (in Press Release):
- B&H Photo Video: "run 83x faster on SPARC T7"
- Informationsverarbeitung für Versicherungen GmbH (ivv): "will dramatically increase the speed of services"
- University Hospitals Leuven: “SPARC is the only suitable platform that meets our application needs"
- BPC: “excited to see dramatic performance increases"
- Capitek: “the only effective method of protection against dangerous programming vulnerabilities"
- MSC Software: “able to deliver better core-to-core throughput than an Intel Xeon X5 v3 server"
- SAS: “detected difficult to find run-time errors far more quickly than other products"
- Siemens PLM Software: “tests of the new Oracle SPARC M7 servers showed dramatic performance improvements"
- Software AG: “achieved an amazing 2.8X performance increase"
- University Hospitals Leuven Provide Electronic Health Records in Real Time
- B&H Photo Experiences up to 83 Times Faster Results with Oracle SPARC T7 Servers (video)
- ivv Runs Applications 1.8x Faster, Cuts Compliance Reporting Overhead 10x
Why not TRY OUT M7 and see for yourself?
Oracle now offers partners, customers and university researchers access to a Software in Silicon Cloud, which provides developers a secure and ready-to-run virtual machine environment to install, test, and improve their code in a SPARC M7/T7 system running Oracle Solaris.