Solaris Studio 12.4 Beta is live
By Frederic Pariente-Oracle on Mar 27, 2014
The Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4 Beta release is out. Oracle Solaris Studio is a suite of compilers and code analysis tools that assist developers in creating highly optimized, robust, and secure applications for the Oracle Solaris and Linux Operating Systems. These tools help application developers achieve the best performance on Oracle's newest T-series and M-series SPARC servers, Fujitsu's M10 servers, and Intel-based servers.
New features and enhancements in Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4 include:
- New C++ compiler and dbx debugger that support the C++ 2011 language standard
- A completely redesigned Performance Analyzer UI that simplifies identification of key performance issues, plus remote data analysis, cross-architecture support, comparison of results, and improved kernel profiling
- Code Analyzer for improving your application with static source-code checking, run-time memory access checking (including memory leaks), and identification of un-exercised code. Graphical user interface and command-line provide robust interfaces for reviewing results and historical analysis of data
- Compiler and library optimizations for Oracle's SPARC T5, M5, M6, Fujitsu's M10, and Intel's Ivy Bridge and Haswell servers
- Support for new OpenMP 4.0 standard including Region Cancellation, Thread Affinity, Tasking Extensions and Sequentially Consistent Atomics
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that includes C++ 2011 support, improved response time, and a smaller memory footprint to efficiently handle very large source repositories.