Test OCI8 before I release PECL OCI8 1.3.5
By cj on Mar 12, 2009
There have been some bug fixes merged this week to OCI8. Test now - I want to create PECL OCI8 1.3.5 and not have to immediately patch it.
One bug fix necessarily changes fundamental resource handling and another refactored the install scripts, so the changes are worth evaluating carefully.
If you build the source code, the oci8 directory can be copied to older PHP versions for testing. Use the "phpize" method to install as a shared library, or rebuild all of PHP, first using './buildconf --force' to update the configuration scripts.
The bug fixes are:
- Bug #47243 (Crash at shutdown on Windows)
- Bug #46994 (OCI8: CLOB size does not update when using CLOB IN OUT param in stored procedure)
- Bug #46623 (phpinfo doesn't show compile time ORACLE_HOME with phpize)
- Bug #45458 (OCI8: Numeric keys for associative arrays are not handled properly) (This was merged some time ago, but is not in PECL OCI8 1.3.4)
- PECL Bug 14268 (Allow "pecl install oci8" command to "autodetect" an Instant Client RPM install).
- PECL Bug #15988 (sqlnet.ora isn't read with older Oracle libraries)
- PECL Bug #16035 (oci_connect without ORACLE_HOME defined causes segfault)
There were some test tidy-ups and small internal changes too.