PHP OCI8 1.4.0 Alpha is now available
By cj on Oct 06, 2009
I just released an Alpha version of PECL OCI8 1.4 on http://pecl.php.net/package/oci8
The code is also merged to what will eventually be the PHP 5.3.2 and PHP 6.0 releases.
Documentation will appear on http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.oci8.php
in the next few days, if all goes according to plan.
From the Changelog:
1. Introduce connection attribute functions:
These set values that are visible/used by the database. They
are useful for tracing, authentication and auditing.
2. Introduce connection attribute function:
Oracle 11g R2 "editions" allow multiple versions of DB objects
to exist at one time. By setting different editions, two
different versions of an application can run concurrently,
making upgrading easier and faster.
3. Set the DRIVER_NAME attribute of Oracle Database 11gR2
connections to aid application tracing. The value used is
"PHP OCI8" followed by the OCI8 version number. Note the
version number may get truncated in DB views such as
4. Allow the oci_set_prefetch value to be 0. This is important in
some cases using REF CURSORS in Oracle 11gR2.
5. Introduce OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT as an alias for the OCI_DEFAULT
constant (which is not the default value) used by oci_execute().
6. Generate an error if an invalid resource type is used in