HR policies built using Oracle Policy Automation increases and
sustains Employee Experience for companies who want their HR professionals to
be able to build employee Self Service capabilities
» How to adapt regulatory policies based on
» How to transform existing manual policies
into an existing HCM solution with self service capabilities for the employees?
» How to transform existing, often custom
coded HR policies into new and modern HCM solutions without repeating the
problems of bespoke coding again?
» How to increase transparency, flexibility
and adaptability of existing and new HR policies?
» How to reduce the costs and time to market
associated with new or changed policies?
» How to manage consistency of policies
across different HCM solutions?
» How to reduce overall HR related services
costs in times of limited IT budget whilst increasing service quality and
These are the questions HR organizations ask themselves on a
95% of organizations state that policy change
remains predominantly manual
34% of organizations say inconsistent policy implementation caused poor
Source: Economist Intelligent Unit Survey
Oracle’s HR Accelerator is a prebuilt, easy to adapt solution for
The HR Accelerator includes a quick start package for
implementing and adapting the prebuilt policies to specific client needs. Part
of the HR accelerator package is a number of pre-agreed consulting days which a
customer can use to adapt policies, branding and for enablement of the business
users who wish to model and adapt their own HR policies.
Oracle Policy Automation, the
underlying engine of the HR Accelerator, allows modeling, managing, testing and
automation of policies without IT involvement. Policies modeled in Oracle
Policy Automation are used to create guided interactive service dialogues to
become part of:
facing Self Service portals
HR service center solutions
These same policies can also be included into Core HCM solutions, On-Premise and in the Cloud, for consistent policy execution across the enterprise.
• Deploy and automate prebuilt HCM policies, which
can be easily adapted by business users
• All rules are modeled in OPA using business
friendly ‘natural language’ using Microsoft Word and Excel
• Rule logic, attribute naming and mapping
components are designed for business rule authors to update and extend
• Testers can test rules directly in OPA with no
previous programming skills required
• Record a complete audit trail of how decisions
• Available in the Cloud so no infrastructure
required to set-up and run
• Deploy web-based interviews directly from the
modeled processes and policies
Significant cost reduction
• Contacts per case drop from 3 to 1
• Agent training time drops from 60 days to 5
• Policy changes in days instead of months
• Appeals and error rates cut in half
Pre-built legislation and Best Practices
• Maternity pay and leave calculator
• Shared Parental Leave eligibility and pay
• Paternity pay and leave
• Employee on-boarding
• Employee off-boarding
• Sick pay calculator
• Career break
• Voluntary redundancy calculations
• Change of personal details
• Change of contract details
For a full copy of the White Paper, you can download a .pdf version from here.