I’ve done quite a few demos where ease of data entry was paramount and I’ve made extensive use of the cascading value lists. I have grown tired of writing the xml so I built the attached excel document that builds the XML for me. I added some instructions and cleaned it up so others might use it.
So, to get started, open up the attached spreadsheet and follow the instructions:
1. Enter the list name and child list name
2. Enter each list value separated by the child values
3. Create the next cascading list using the name of the previous child
4. Repeat step 3 for each child list
5. Check for errors
6. Copy the generated xml into an xml editor and follow the instructions in the Intelligent Advisor documentation to import it into your project.
It's that easy.
Comments and feedback welcome.
Photo credit: Chuttersnap