Sun Offers Services for its New Media Delivery Platform
By mrcoolthreadstm on Apr 26, 2007
At the Tribeca Film Festival this week, Sun announced StreamStar, a new IPTV offering. To compliment the product, Sun also offered a range of services to help optimize Sun Streaming System performance and return on investment. When operators purchase Sun Streaming System, they'll receive on-site installation and testing to get them up and running quickly. In addition, factory integration, hardware and software support, training, consulting, and development services are available. Sun experts work hand-in-hand with operators to help ensure a smooth and productive experience.
These Services optimze the StreamStar user experience and include:
- Enterprise Installation Services
- Hardware Support Pack
- Sun Customer Ready Program (optional): which helps with design validation, integration and testing of Sun and third-party components.
- Software Warranty: Warranty for Sun software products is limited to warranties against defective media.
- Sun Software Subscription: fundamental software services such as telephone and online technical support, software updates and upgrades, and self-help tools and notifications.
- Warranty Support and Next-Day Reponse Times: The Sun Fire X4950 Streaming Switch has a one-year, next business day warranty.
- Hardware Support Pack: includes hardware service coverage, telephone and online technical support, knowledgebase access, and Sun alerts and notifications.
For more information, go to http://www.sun.com/servers/networking/streamingsystem/support.xml