By molini on Jan 08, 2009
JRuby 1.1.6 is the sixth point release of JRuby 1.1 which includes patches addressing compatibility issues and offers enhanced performance.
Thomas Enebo comments, "We wanted a more rapid release cycle to better address issues brought up by users of JRuby. So our goal will be to do more frequent point releases during next several months (about 3-4 weeks a release). "
Download it here
- Additional Ruby 1.9 support (via --1.9)
- Full 1.9 parser.
- Most core 1.9 methods/libraries/classes.
- An evergrowing list of dead IO references bug fixed.
- Much faster Array sort.
- Run gems out of jar files without having to unpack them.
- Store gem repositories in jars and load them via the classpath.
- Improved JavaEmbedUtils for embedders.
- Removed two measurable memory leaks during RC process.
- 74 bugs fixed since 1.1.5.