By molini on Jul 20, 2008
In an email interview Thomas Enebo states, "Our goal is to put out point releases more frequently for the next several months (about 3-4 weeks a release). We want a more rapid release cycle to better address issues brought up by users of JRuby."
- RubyGems 1.2
- Greatly improved interpreter performance
- jrubyc compiler usability improvements and bug fixes
- Reduced memory usage and object churn
- Dozens of IO-related and core class RubySpec fixes + reduced memory for IO
- ThreadGroup fixes to resolve Mongrel "dead thread" issues
- New options/properties for tweaking JIT, thread pooling, and more
- Block invocation performance improvements
- Much faster Time performance
- Much better support for --debug
- 82 issues resolved since JRuby 1.1.2
Check out the site and download the code.