By oleksiys on Feb 24, 2011
Grizzly 2.0 has been released!
Grizzly team did a great job improving Grizzly 1.x usability, API, performance and finally we're ready to release Grizzly 2.0, which includes:
- Completely new core module
- Transport, Connection API, which simplifies network channels management, life-cycle control;
- FilterChain, Filter API, providing easy mechanism for message parsing, serializing, asynchronous processing;
- MemoryManager API, to separate memory management from essential core to be able to customize memory allocation if needed;
- IOStrategy API, to customize (if needed) the processing of channel I/O events: process in the same thread, switch to a worker thread... etc;
- Non-blocking HTTP Codec to work with HTTP messages, both client and server side;
- Improved http-server module
- Non-blocking Input, Output streams, which provide support for asynchronous, non-blocking HTTP requests processing;
- Documentation ( the most wanted part :)) )
Talking about performance, here is a informal comparison of http-server benchmarks for Grizzly 1.9.32 and 2.0, which also show advantages of having customizable IOStrategies and applying them depending on specific requirements and server machine configuration. We ran the HTTP Echo test, which used HTTP post to send some content and Grizzly HTTP server replied with the same content back.
HTTP Echo benchmark
Please give us feedback!