Upgrading your WebLogic to ADF 22.214.171.124.2
By Olaf Heimburger-Oracle on Apr 06, 2009
One of the first questions that come up with the JDev /ADF 126.96.36.199.2 release is how to upgrade your WebLogic 10.3 to it. Here is my solution:
- Open the Uninstaller of your WebLogic installation
- Select JDeveloper 11g (188.8.131.52.x) Studio Edition 184.108.40.206
- Uncheck everything under WebLogic Server
- Click Next to finish the deinstallation. If you're interested you can click on the Details button to see what has be uninstalled.
- Now open the JDev 220.127.116.11.2 Installer
- Select the WebLogic home where to install the new ADF version
- Now deselect everything and select the Application Development Framework Runtime only. Note: This will also select the JDeveloper and ADF folder again.
- To avoid class loading issues, rebuild all your EAR files.
Note: You will find the Uninstaller either as $WLSHOME/wlserver_10.3/uninstall/uninstall.sh or %WLSHOME%\wlserver_10.3\uninstall\uninstall.cmd. On a headless server (like a Linux or Unix-based system) you may need to set the DISPLAY variable to an X Server like VNC or Xming. (Assuming that $WLSHOME or %WLSHOME% is your home directory for the WebLogic Server 10.3. installation.)