By Greg Stachnick-Oracle on Mar 04, 2015
Support for Oracle Mobile Application Framework 2.1
OEPE 18.104.22.168 includes new design-time support for and ships the Oracle Mobile Application Framework 2.1. Oracle MAF 2.1 new features include:
- Support for Java 8 - Java is the language used for business logic development on Oracle MAF, in fact Oracle MAF is the only solution out there that will run the same Java code on both iOS and Android. Now developers can leverage the latest features of the Java language - such as Lambda expressions, Collections with Generics and more - while running on a 64bit JVM that supports the Java 8 Compact2 profile.
- Cordova 3 support - Cordova is used in Oracle MAF to provide access to device features. Oracle MAF 2.1 updates the Cordova version to 3.6.3 on Android and 3.7 for iOS, dramatically increasing the number of available plugins that developers can leverage.
- Simpler Cordova Plugin integration - Oracle MAF leverages the plugman command line to build and incorporate plugins into Oracle MAF apps.
- Xcode 6 and Android 5 support - use the latest SDKs to compile and deploy your MAF applications across multiple devices.
New REST Service Development Tools
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 22.214.171.124 provides a new robust editor for developers who work with REST services. The new REST Service Editor includes the following capabilities:
- Wizards to create a REST service description
- Invoke REST operations and analyze the Response payload with multiple representations for returned data types
- Create complex JSON Request payloads to test deployed REST services
- Support for multiple security protocols including OAUTH and Basic Auth
- Generate Java clients of the REST Service based on the service description
- Create Data Controls to easily bind MAF components to the REST service operations
REST Service Editor in Action