New Java EE7 and Glassfish Support in OEPE 188.8.131.52.2
By Greg Stachnick-Oracle on Jun 12, 2013
The Glassfish Server tooling plugins have been redesigned in OEPE with a focus on performance, stability, and polish and include the following features:
- New tooling architecture improves stability and performance when developing applications against Glassfish
- Support for Glassfish 3.x and now 4.0
- Target new projects against Glassfish Server and create appropriate deployment descriptors (glassfish-ejb-jar.xml, glassfish-web.xml)
- Deploy and debug Web and Enterprise Applications directly out of the Eclipse workspace
- View and manage deployed Applications, Web Services, and Resources on active Glassfish servers
- Quick access to Glassfish Admin Console, Server Logs, and Glassfish Community Sites from within Eclipse
Eclipse Kepler (4.3) is the first release of Eclipse to support Java EE7 and, when combined with OEPE's Glassfish 4 support, Eclipse users get a development environment to develop, run, and test Java applications with the latest spec. Some of the new feature enhancements in Eclipse Kepler which enable Java EE7 development are as follows:
- Eclipse Kepler (4.3) adds new design time support for Java EE7 through the Web Tools Platform (WTP)
- Updated Project Facets and Wizards for new Java EE7 spec levels (ie: Servlet, EJB, JPA, Web Services, JAX-RS, JSF)
- Develop Java EE7 applications in Eclipse and run, deploy, and debug with Glassfish 4
For more information on the latest Java EE7 features and announcements, check out the Java EE7 blog.
Additional information about OEPE 184.108.40.206.2 can always be found on the OEPE OTN page.