Friday Mar 15, 2013
Tuesday Oct 18, 2011
By Anand Akela on Oct 18, 2011
IDC analysts Mary Turner and Tim Grieser covered the launch event and various Oracle Enterprise Manager sessions and demos at the Oracle Open World 2011 event. They published their observation in their Research Report : Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Embraces the Cloud with Integrated Lifecycle Management
In this research report, Mary and Tim said, "Oracle is to be given kudos for raising the bar and actively including mission critical database, middleware and application self service provisioning and dynamic scaling in the corporate cloud management discussion. Oracle is also to be commended for developing a comprehensive cloud lifecycle approach and for being remarkably clear on the steps needed to plan, implement, operate and manage clouds to derive business value from increasingly complex application deployments."
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c brings together three essential capabilities to help enterprises gain Total Cloud Control:
- Complete cloud life cycle management - New capabilities such as cloud setup and configuration, policy-driven resource management, self-service access, metering and chargeback.
- Integrated cloud stack management - Includes the entire Oracle stack ranging from Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Database and Hardware—as well as key non-Oracle technologies.
- Business-driven application management - Enables application performance to be optimized based on the real-time experience of end-users.
For more information, please go to Oracle Enterprise Manager web page or follow us at :
Latest information and perspectives on Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Consolidated Database Replay: Playing Nice Together
- Webcast: Database Cloning in Minutes using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Database as a Service Snap Clone
- Cloud Odyssey in London
- Managing Pluggable Database as a Service: Questions and Answers
- Munhowen to Reduce Maintenance Costs and TCO by More Than 50 Percent
- Oracle Database 2 Day + Performance Tuning Guide
- Cisco Improves Service Quality with Self-Managing Automation
- Infographic: Database Manageability—Getting Ahead of the Curve
- Demo: Setting Up a Database Cloud Self Service Portal for Data Cloning Using Snap Clone
- Oracle OpenWorld 2014 Call for Proposals is now open!