By Nicole Haba -Oracle on Apr 04, 2016
Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c enables administrators to perform administration operations against Oracle WebLogic Server as well as to view the audit records for those operations. Traditionally, administrators were required to use the WebLogic Server Administration Console or the Oracle Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control console to administer their domain. However, administration and configuration operations are available directly from the Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c console. From the Cloud Control console, administrators can do the following:
- Leverage Change Center to lock a domain configuration prior to making configuration changes.
- Configure domain, cluster, server, machine – as well as multi tenancy settings.
- Manage JDBC data sources.
- Access the System MBean Browser to view, invoke or edit MBeans.
· Start, stop or restart middleware components.
- Schedule and track execution of WLST scripts.
· View the audit trail of WebLogic operations performed from either the Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control console or the Oracle Enterprise Manager Command Line Interface (EMCLI).
Having a single tool for monitoring, administering and viewing audit records for Oracle WebLogic Server not only simplifies an administrator’s job and increases productivity, but also maintains security of a middleware environment.
To see first-hand some of the Oracle WebLogic Server administration and auditing capabilities available from Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c, watch and listen to the recorded demonstration available on the Oracle Learning Library here. Additional information can also be obtained from the Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Online Documentation Library:
- How to enable auditing of WebLogic Server operations
- Understand what WebLogic Server operations can be audited
- Administer middleware targets
- Configure and manage auditing