Bullet Proof Your Oracle Applications and Databases Workshop - Guest Blog by Rajesh Krishnan of Acolade
By Anand Akela on May 02, 2013
Guest Blog by Rajesh Krishnan of Oracle Partner Acolade Consulting
Testing can be a costly and time consuming process. Because of that, few organisations test their Data and Business Applications as thoroughly as they should.
As opposed to just testing for an upgrade or new application deployment, testing should be regarded as an essential part of an organisation's standard IT practice. Many think that to achieve this, the cost is prohibitive.
The tools to identify and prevent performance problems before they occur are almost always significantly cheaper than the cost of the problems in production.
Oracle offers a comprehensive suite of testing tools that makes this easy and cost effective for organisations to achieve.
A recent testing methodology and tools workshop was conducted in Australia by Oracle and Specialized Partner, Acolade Consulting to address issues and customer pain points relating to testing. Testing best practices, techniques and tools rollout were showcased to address and mitigate risks and pain points. Some of the key points discussed were:
- Make your testing more comprehensive and robust
- Test Automation and techniques
- Take the risk out of change
- Use real production workload to test planned changes in Applications and Databases
- Replay real Database workloads to identify performance issues and SQL degradation, and to test Database consolidation, before changes affect Production
- Reduce testing time and costs.
- Case studies for Oracle EBS – Finance and HR modules
Following are the links to the presentations