Monday Dec 10, 2012
Wednesday Dec 05, 2012
By Joe Diemer-Oracle on Dec 05, 2012
Since its announcement at Oracle OpenWorld 2012, the Enterprise Manager Extensibility Exchange is becoming the source to access Enterprise Manager entities, including plug-ins, connectors, deployment procedures, assemblies, templates, and more. Based on feedback, the Exchange has recently been updated so Enterprise Manager administrators can find and access Oracle and partner-built plug-ins and connectors easier.
The Exchange enables anyone to contribute an Enterprise Manager entity through the “Contribute” tab, where information about the entity is captured and placed on the Exchange once it is approved. The Exchange encourages comment through the Enterprise Manager Forum.
An Oracle partner can build a plug-in by accessing the Extensibility Development Kit (EDK) found at the Development Resources tab. Oracle partners and customers can can also engage a partner that has built its practice specializing in plug-in development and deployment. One of those partners is Blue Medora, which has effectively used the EDK to build plug-ins to manage non-Oracle targets. Check out the Blue Medora "Guest Blog" about heterogeneous datacenter management.
Partners can also have their plug-ins validated through the Oracle Validated Integration (OVI) program. NetApp is an example of a partner that recently built an Enterprise Manager plug-in and has validated it through the program. Check their "Guest Blog" post describing the value of an Enterprise Manager "OVI" plug-in as well as discuss specifics the NetApp storage plug-in.
The Enterprise Manager Exchange is located at http://www.oracle.com/goto/EMExtensibility.
Tuesday Nov 06, 2012
By User810030-Oracle on Nov 06, 2012
With organizations spending as much as 50 percent of their QA time with non-test related activities like setting up hardware and deploying applications and test tools, the cloud will bring obvious benefits. A key component of Oracle Enterprise Manager our current Application Quality Management products have been helping our customers with application load testing, functional testing and test process management, but also test data management, data masking and real application testing. These products enable customers to thoroughly test applications and their underlying infrastructure to help ensure the best quality, scalability and availability prior to deployment.
Today, Oracle announced Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Testing-as-a-Service Solution . This solution will allow users to significantly decrease the time needed to setup a complete test environment, while enhancing testing efficiency.
Please read the Press Release mentioned above and join us in our Enterprise Manager LinkedIn Group discussion on this topic. (need to be a member).
Or visit our booth this week during the EuroSTAR Software Testing conference in Amsterdam where we can demo this solution
I hope you find this helpfull
Thursday Oct 04, 2012
By Anand Akela on Oct 04, 2012
Hope you had a very productive Oracle Open World so far . Hopefully, many of you attended the customer appreciation event yesterday night at the Treasures Islands.
We still have many enterprise manager related sessions today on Thursday, last day of Oracle Open World 2012.
Download the Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c OpenWorld schedule (PDF)
Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c (and Private Cloud)
|11:15 AM - 12:15 PM||Application Performance Matters: Oracle Real User Experience Insight||Palace Hotel - Sea Cliff|
|11:15 AM - 12:15 PM||Advanced Management of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne with Oracle Enterprise Manager||InterContinental - Grand Ballroom B|
|11:15 AM - 12:15 PM||Spark on SPARC Servers: Enterprise-Class IaaS with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c||Moscone West - 3018|
|11:15 AM - 12:15 PM||Pinpoint Production Applications’ Performance Bottlenecks by Using JVM Diagnostics||Marriott Marquis - Golden Gate C3|
|11:15 AM - 12:15 PM||Bringing Order to the Masses: Scalable Monitoring with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c||Moscone West - 3020|
|12:45 PM - 1:45 PM||Improving the Performance of Oracle E-Business Suite Applications: Tips from a DBA’s Diary||Moscone West - 2018|
|12:45 PM - 1:45 PM||Advanced Management of Oracle PeopleSoft with Oracle Enterprise Manager||Moscone West - 3009|
|12:45 PM - 1:45 PM||Managing Sun Servers and Oracle Engineered Systems with Oracle Enterprise Manager||Moscone West - 2000|
|12:45 PM - 1:45 PM||Strategies for Configuring Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c in a Secure IT Environment||Moscone West - 3018|
|12:45 PM - 1:45 PM||Using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to Control Operational Costs||Moscone South - 308|
|2:15 PM - 3:15 PM||My Oracle Support: The Proactive 24/7 Assistant for Your Oracle Installations||Moscone West - 3018|
|2:15 PM - 3:15 PM||Functional and Load Testing Tips and Techniques for Advanced Testers||Moscone South - 307|
|2:15 PM - 3:15 PM||Oracle Enterprise Manager Deployment Best Practices||Moscone South - 104|
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Linkedin | Newsletter
Tuesday Oct 02, 2012
By Joe Diemer-Oracle on Oct 02, 2012
The Exchange offers a searchable listing of Enterprise Manager entities. Today it’s stocked with plug-ins and connectors for Enterprise Manager 12c and 11g. Anyone - partners, customers, ACE community members, anyone - can post an entity subject to approval of course. So in addition to plug-ins and connectors, the Exchange will have best practices, deployment procedures, templates, and essentially any Enterprise Manager entity that’s relevant.
The Exchange provides Development Resources to guide contributors in the creation of plug-ins and connectors. A Community Resources page features plug-ins validated through the Oracle Validate Integration program as well as some other contributions important to customers. You can also discover ways to get more involved with Enterprise Manager through the user and partner communities.
The Exchange was announced in the October 2nd Enterprise Manager Partner Press Release and is being presented at Oracle OpenWorld 2012 during the following sessions:
• “Using Oracle Enterprise Manager to Manage Your Own Private Cloud” General Session – Tuesday Oct 2nd
• “Managing Heterogeneous Environments with Oracle Enterprise Manager” Conference Session – Tuesday Oct 2nd
• “Using Management Already Built into Oracle Products: Oracle Enterprise Manager” Oracle Partner Network Exchange Session – Wednesday Oct 3rd
Check it out at http://www.oracle.com/goto/emextensibility, and let us know what you think by posting a comment below or clicking the "Forum" button at the Exchange itself.
Thursday Sep 20, 2012
By Scott Mcneil-Oracle on Sep 20, 2012
Thursday Sep 13, 2012
By Anand Akela on Sep 13, 2012
Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 (126.96.36.199). It is now available for download on OTN on ALL platforms. This is the first major release since the launch of Enterprise Manager 12c in October of 2011. This is the first time when Enterprise Manager release is available on all platforms simultaneously.
This is primarily a stability release which incorporates many of issues and feedback reported by early adopters. In addition, this release contains many new features and enhancements in areas across the board.
New Capabilities and Features
- Enhanced management capabilities for enterprise private clouds:
- Introduces new capabilities to allow customers to build and manage a Java Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud based on Oracle Weblogic Server. The new capabilities include guided set up of PaaS Cloud, self-service provisioning, automatic scale out and metering and chargeback.
- Enhanced lifecycle management capabilities for Oracle WebLogic Server environments: Combining in-context multiple domain, patching and configuration file synchronizations.
- Integrated Hardware-Software management for Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud through features such as rack schematics visualization and integrated monitoring of all hardware and software components.
- The latest management capabilities for business-critical applications include:
- Business Application Management: A new Business Application (BA) target type and dashboard with flexible definitions provides a logical view of an application’s business transactions, end-user experiences and the cloud infrastructure the monitored application is running on.
- Enhanced User Experience Reporting: Oracle Real User Experience Insight has been enhanced to provide reporting capabilities on client-side issues for applications running in the cloud and has been more tightly coupled with Oracle Business Transaction Management to help ensure that real-time user experience and transaction tracing data is provided to users in context.
- Several key improvements address ease of administration, reporting and extensibility for massively scalable cloud environments including dynamic groups, self-updateable monitoring templates, bulk operations against many events, etc.
New and Revised Plug-Ins:
Several plug-Ins have been updated as a part of this release resulting in either new versions or revisions. Revised plug-ins contain only bug-fixes and while new plug-ins incorporate both bug fixes as well as new functionality.
Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database
Enterprise Manager for Oracle Fusion Middleware
Enterprise Manager for Chargeback and Capacity Planning
Enterprise Manager for Oracle Fusion Applications
Enterprise Manager for Oracle Virtualization
Enterprise Manager for Oracle Exadata
Enterprise Manager for Oracle Cloud
Installation and Upgrade:
- All major platforms have been released simultaneously (Linux 32 / 64 bit, Solaris (SPARC), Solaris x86-64, IBM AIX 64-bit, and Windows x86-64 (64-bit) )
- Enterprise Manager 188.8.131.52 is a complete release that includes both the EM OMS and Agent versions of 184.108.40.206.
- Installation options available with EM 220.127.116.11: User can do fresh Install or an upgrade from versions EM 10.2.0.5, 11.1, or 18.104.22.168 ( Bundle Patch 1 not mandatory).
- Upgrading to EM 22.214.171.124 from EM 126.96.36.199 is not a patch application (similar to Bundle Patch 1) but is achieved through a 1-system upgrade.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Introduction Document provides a broad overview of capabilities and highlights"What's New" in EM 188.8.131.52.
- All updated Oracle Enterprise Manager documentation can be found on OTN
- Upgrade Guide
Friday Jun 22, 2012
By User810030-Oracle on Jun 22, 2012
We are pleased to announce the General Availability of Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in 184.108.40.206.0, an integral part of Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite.
The combination of Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control and the Application Management Suite combines functionality that was available in the standalone Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite and Application Change Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle’s Real User Experience Insight product and the Configuration & Compliance capabilities to provide the most complete solution for managing Oracle E-Business Suite applications.
The features that were available in the standalone management packs are now packaged into the Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in, which is now fully certified with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control. This latest plug-in extends Cloud Control with E-Business Suite specific system management capabilities and features enhanced change management support.
This new release offers the following key enhancements:
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Base Platform uptake: All components of the management suite are certified with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control.
- Privilege Delegation: The Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in now extends Enterprise Manager’s privilege delegation through Sudo and PowerBroker to Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in host targets.
- Privileges and Roles for Managing Oracle E-Business Suite: This release includes new ready-to-use target and resource privileges to monitor, manage, and perform Change Management functionality.
- Named Credentials Uptake in Cloning: The Clone module transactions now let users leverage the Named Credential feature introduced in Enterprise Manager 12c, thereby passing all the benefits of Named Credentials features in Enterprise Manager to the Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in users.
- Smart Clone improvements: The new and improved Smart Clone UI supports the adding of "pre and post" custom steps to a copy of the ready-to-use cloning deployment procedure. Now a user can pass parameters to the custom steps through the interview screen of the UI as well as pass ready-to-use parameters to the custom steps.
- Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite provides a centralized view to monitor and orchestrate changes (both functional and technical) across multiple Oracle E-Business Suite systems. In this latest release, it provides even more control and flexibility in managing Oracle E-Business Suite changes.
- Support for longer file names: Customization Manager now handles file names up to thirty characters in length.
- Queuing of Patch Manager Runs: This feature allows patch runs to queue up if Patch Manager detects a specific target is in a blackout state.
- Multi-node system patching: The patch run interview has been enhanced to allow Enterprise Manager Administrator to choose which nodes adpatch will run on.
- New AD Administration Options: The patch run interview has been extended to include AD Administration Options "Relink Application Programs", "Generate Product Jars Files", "Generate Report Files", and "Generate Form Files".
- Product documentation for the plug-in is available on My Oracle Support as note 1434392.1.
- The Oracle E-Business Suite Plug-in can be accessed in one of the following ways:
- Fresh install
- Enterprise Manager Store
- Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
- Please refer to the Application Management Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Guide for further details.
Related Software Component
- Oracle Real User Experience Insight 220.127.116.11.1
- Product documentation is available on Oracle Technology Network in the "Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Release 1 (12.1) Documentation" set under the "Associated Document" tab. (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26370_01/index.htm)
- Product may be downloaded individually from Oracle Technology Network software download page for Oracle Enterprise Manager under "Additional Enterprise Manager Downloads." (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/grid-control/downloads/index.html)
- Product may also be downloaded individually from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud. Select "Oracle Enterprise Manager" product pack, "Oracle Real User Experience Insight 12c Release 1 Media Pack for x8
Can be accessed on the Application Management Page on Oracle Technology Network
Monday Jun 18, 2012
By Joe Diemer-Oracle on Jun 18, 2012
Tuesday May 08, 2012
By User810030-Oracle on May 08, 2012
When Oracle's Application Quality Management(AQM) solution was positioned in a leader position for Integrated Software Quality Suites in January 2011, this wasn't a surprise to us at Oracle since we've been steadily working on and earning our position for some years. Ever since, we've seen an even bigger increase in customer interest into these testing solutions from both Oracle and non-Oracle customers. We decided to focus this month of May on showcasing our entire Application Quality Management solution as well as spotlighting some individual parts.
We kicked off the month with a live webcast for an interactive community exclusively engaged in improving software quality, Stickyminds.com, that gave the dedicated testing audience an insight into Oracle’s Approach to Application and Infrastructure Testing: Strategies and Best Practices. (now available on-demand).
If your not familiar with our AQM offerings yet or would like a high lever refresh, please join us for this free webinar led by Product Management:
Application Quality Management with Oracle Enterprise Manager - A Comprehensive Approach to Preserving Quality During Change
Save weeks on application testing time. Reduce Database testing time by up to 90%, using the Application Quality Management components of Oracle's Enterprise Manager.
Oracle's Application Quality Management products provide a complete testing solution for Oracle Database, Oracle Packaged Applications and custom Web applications.
Key capabilities include:
- Application Testing - Test Management, Functional Testing, and Load Testing capabilities ensure the quality of web-based applications - including Oracle e-Business Suite, Siebel, PeopleSoft and J.D. Edwards.
- Infrastructure Testing - Enables realistic, production-scale testing of the application and database infrastructures. Using real, production workloads to generate load against applications or databases under test, these solutions do not require any script development or maintenance. With Application Replay and Real Application Testing you can reduce your testing time by more than 80% while providing the most efficient, optimized and highest quality testing for validating application and database infrastructure changes.
- Test Data Management - Oracle Test Data Management and Data Masking provide efficient, automated and secure test system creation capabilities for Oracle and non-Oracle databases, with out-of-the-box templates for Oracle packaged applications.
We already previewed Oracle Application Testing Suite 12.1 at the StarEast testing conference, but we will provide more on this later this month now that the product is available. You can also look forward to new Youtube demos and our participation at the EuroStar Virtual Conference. But again, more on that later.
Wednesday Apr 18, 2012
By User810030-Oracle on Apr 18, 2012
Join Oracle for an exclusive sneak peek at Oracle Application Testing Suite 12.1, the industry’s most advanced application testing solution for Web, SOA, and Oracle Applications at the StarEast 2012 Conference in Orlando Florida this week.
New in this release, intended for general availability later this month, is a test accelerator for Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne – providing customers easier and more efficient testing of their JD Edwards EnterpriseOne implementations.
- Deeper integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager‘s middleware and database diagnostics features, providing improved testing efficiency and productivity by enabling testers to detect performance bottlenecks faster and with less effort.
- Oracle Application Testing Suite 12.1 provides JUnit execution right from Oracle Test Manager making Oracle Application Testing Suite 12.1 the single console to manage, plan and execute test cases.
A key component of Oracle Enterprise Manager’s suite of Application Quality Management products, Oracle Application Testing Suite provides an integrated solution for load testing, functional testing and test process management, enabling customers to thoroughly test applications and their underlying infrastructure to help ensure the best quality, scalability and availability prior to deployment.
Senior Director of Product Management for our Application Quality Management product, Mughees Minhas, was interviewed by Better Software Testing Magazine about his vision on the rise of the cloud, market consolidation and risk management. You'll find his interview in the online version of the magazine.
If you're at StarEast, come visit our booth 35/36 to get a sneak peek at Oracle Application Testing Suite 12.1
However, if you're not able to make it, which will be the majority of our readers, you could register for the free webcast that we're running together with StickyMinds.com on May 1st , 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET : Oracle’s Approach to Application and Infrastructure Testing: Strategies and Best Practices
Tuesday Apr 17, 2012
By S Stelting on Apr 17, 2012
April 4th, we
announced the release of Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c
at Oracle OpenWorld in Tokyo. We
followed up with a Webcast last week to demonstrate our great new
cloud control capabilities.
today's post, I'm going to discuss the new product features in
this version of Ops Center. There are so many that it's a little
challenging to cover them all, so I'll start with a high-level
summary. In future posts, we'll talk about these features in greater
detail, and show how you can use them to manage your datacenter more
effectively than ever before!
The Big 3: Cloud Control, Engineered Systems, and Solaris 11
The big news during the product launch was the newly introduced support for Cloud Control, Oracle Engineered Systems and the Solaris 11 operating environment.
Cloud Support and the Virtual Datacenter
Ops Center allows users to build the managed assets into Virtual Data Centers, or vDCs. vDCs can leverage the full power of Oracle technologies, including:
- Hardware – Sun Oracle servers and Oracle Engineered Systems
- OS – Solaris 11, Solaris 10 and Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Virtualization – Oracle VM Server for X86 and Oracle Solaris Zones
The vDC provides a full stack of coordinated resources for Cloud computing, including systems, network infrastructure, storage, virtualization hosts and a self-contained user and permission model. Ops Center users can leverage this functionality in two ways: by logging directly into the Ops Center UI, or by using the programmatic API and CLI for Infrastructure as a Service. (IaaS) These features enable Ops Center to greatly speed the deployment and management process for cloud-based infrastructure.
Oracle Engineered System Support
Ops Center provides management support for the SPARC SuperCluster T4-4, and enhances the existing management capabilities for the Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
The SuperCluster and Exalogic systems are delivered with an Ops Center instance that simplifies Oracle Engineered Systems management and allows these systems to be more effectively used as virtual datacenters.
Solaris 11 Management
Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c can now be installed on Solaris 11, providing full lifecycle management capabilities for Solaris 11 OS assets. This includes
- OS provisioning, using the Automated Installer
- OS update management, using the Image Packaging System
- Creation and management of Solaris 11 zones and boot environments
- Solaris 11 OS monitoring analytics
Ops Center allows administrators to effectively leverage the power of Solaris 11, and to use its considerable capabilities for cloud infrastructure.
These features represent a huge advance in Ops Center management. However, Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c provides an even greater set of enhancements which touch on all parts of the product functionality. In the sections that follow, I'll present key features for the Ops Center infrastructure, the User Interface, Core Product Functions, Hardware Management and Provisioning, OS Management and Virtualization Management.
Ops Center Infrastructure
We're now using the Oracle Database 11g for persistence management. Users can install a co-located database with their enterprise controller, or create an instance in an existing DBMS. We've created views in Oracle, providing better data query and reporting capabilities than ever before.
High Availability (HA)
Using Oracle Clusterware, Ops Center can configure two enterprise controller instances in an active-passive HA configuration. What's more, it's now possible to migrate your managed assets between proxy controllers in an Ops Center installation.
Every user is now associated with one or more roles, with each role defining a standard set of capabilities. Ops Center administrators can replicate the roles between users, allowing them to easily assign duplicate management capabilities.
LDAP Directory Servers
It's also possible to import a set of user accounts from an LDAP server, allowing you to easily set up a group of Ops Center users.
User Interface Enhancements
Customizable User Experience
It's now possible to save your Ops Center UI preferences, such as start page, timeout and navigation display.
You can now view and edit the Ops Center configuration defaults directly from the UI. This allows you to more easily modify Ops Center defaults such as job timeouts and throttling settings.
All assets can now be associated with user-defined tags, which can be used for searching and filtering. This makes it MUCH easier to keep track of a large number of managed assets.
Core Product Functions
Enhanced Discovery Management
Ops Center allows users to save and customize standard discovery profiles, IP address ranges, and authentication credentials. In addition, Ops Center automatically manages newly discovered assets.
Automated Service Request (ASR) Integration
Ops Center can now forward ASR events for your warrantied hardware assets. With support enabled, incidents with your ASR-compatible assets will be forwarded to Oracle and used to open a service request. You can even provide contact information on a global or per-asset basis.
There's now a UI option to run OCDoctor checks, diagnostics and optimizations for the enterprise controller, proxy controller and agent controllers. Diagnostic results are saved, and can be used as the basis for future evaluation and tuning.
Hardware Management and Provisioning
Newly Supported Hardware
Ops Center has always provided rich management capabilities for a broad range of Sun hardware, and this release expands support to the next generation of servers. Key products now supported for discovery and management include
- The Sun Fire X86 M3 server family
- The Sun Netra M3 server family
- The Sun SPARC T4 server family
- Power Distribution Units (PDUs)
- The Cisco Catalyst 4948 Switch
ILOM 3.0 Snapshot of BIOS Configuration
Using Oracle's HMP 2.2, Ops Center can save snapshots of the BIOS state for supported ILOM 3 servers. They can subsequently apply the snapshots to easily change SP configuration settings and replicate the state of BIOS to other servers in the datacenter.
WAN Boot Capabilities
Ops Center now supports WAN boot as a provisioning technology for Solaris 10 and 11 for qualified SPARC systems. If systems are compatible, Ops Center automatically uses WAN boot to provision them.
OS Management Capabilities
Agentless OS Management
Ops Center now allows basic OS monitoring and management to be performed without agent installation. In an agentless model, the Proxy controller periodically logs into the managed OS instance and directly performs management actions.
Ops Center now provides extremely detailed data about OS assets. Administrators can take advantage of service and process-level data, as well as detailed metrics associated with system load and CPU, memory, network and file system utilization.
Profiles to Create Boot Environments
Ops Center now provides a new type of profile to automate the creation of boot environments. This makes it easier than ever before to set up live upgrade capabilities on a new OS instance.
Enhanced Update Management
We've introduced several improvements to greatly simplify the patch process. Ops Center now filters out redundant reboot operations, displaying a single reboot operation which would be performed during a multi-step patch process. In addition, OS update policies now provide an option to automatically filter out patches requiring an OS reboot.
Management of Oracle VM for X86
Ops Center now can discover Oracle VM Managers and use them to create and manage Oracle VM for X86 guests.
Creation Profiles for all Virtual Guest Types
In addition to Oracle VM server for SPARC, Ops Center now provides profiles and plans to create Oracle Solaris Zones and Oracle VM for X86 guests.
Server Pools for all Virtual Guest Types
All types of virtual assets can now be defined as part of a server pool: Oracle VM Server for X86, Oracle VM Server for SPARC, Solaris Zones for X86 and Solaris Zones for SPARC.
Expanded Storage Management Capabilities
Ops Center now supports storage management using iSCSI for Solaris. This allows Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs) to be dynamically created for any type of virtualized guest and made available through TCP/IP.
Management of Pre-Existing Zones and LDOM Guests
We've expanded the capabilities provided by Ops Center to pre-existing zones and Oracle VM Server for SPARC. This allows users to discover and manage existing virtualization environments.
Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c has dramatically raised the bar for cloud and datacenter management. Hopefully, this article has provided a perspective on the many interesting enhancements available in this version of the product.
Wednesday Mar 07, 2012
By User810030-Oracle on Mar 07, 2012
We'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Acolade Consulting in becoming one of the first within the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) to achieve the Oracle Enterprise Manager Application Quality Management (Oracle EM AQM) OPN Specialization. OPN Specialized Partners are differentiated in the marketplace, gaining a competitive edge and access to broader and larger solution opportunities
Rajesh Krishnan, Practice Director, Acolade Consulting with Patricia Nance,
GM Oracle Alliances and Channels at a recent partner recognizition event in Sydney.
Partner organizations achieving Oracle EM AQM specialization have demonstrated proficiency in providing Application Testing and Quality Management Solution and Services with Oracle technology. Customers can locate Partners proficient with Oracle EM AQM in the OPN Solutions Catalog to help them test packaged, Web, and SOA applications and ensure quality, scalability, and availability of applications and their infrastructure.
The Oracle EM AQM solution consists of these distinct functional capabilities:
- Oracle Application Testing Suite – comprised of Oracle Test Manager, Functional Testing for automation testing, and Load Testing for stress, volume and performance testing
- Oracle Real Application Testing – for maintaining application quality when there is a infrastructure change or database upgrade.
- Oracle Application Replay - for generating production workloads against web and Oracle applications under test, which are identical to production.
- Oracle Data Masking – for maintaining high level of data security by scrambling test data and maintaining end to end data integrity
Utilizing the Oracle EM AQM Solution, Partners can help customers manage their entire quality assurance (QA) process, including defining test requirements, creating and executing automated and manual test cases, tracking defects, performing load tests and database tests.
And as always, Stay Connected:
Tuesday Dec 20, 2011
By Anand Akela on Dec 20, 2011
Last week, I read a very nice article about the Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c launch published in the Oracle Magazine, January/February 2012 edition and thought of sharing with you. This article includes stories from three Oracle Enterprise Manager customers - European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), Epsilon and Cerner. These customers shared their IT challanges and how Oracle Enterprise manager streamlines the management of their applications to disk in their data center. They also talked about the potential benefits of the new cloud lifecyle management functionalities of the Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c .
In addition to this feature article, there is some additional Oracle Enterprise Manager related content in this issue of Oracle Magazine, including IDC Analyst Tim Grieser discussing IT Management trends after he attended the 12c launch, an OpenWorld recap , Editor’s note and an Excellence Award: Technologist of the Year to EM 12c beta participant Sreekanth Chintala.
To read this feature article and many other interesting articles and resources , please go to online Oracle Magazine, January/February 2012 edition .
Tuesday Oct 18, 2011
By Anand Akela on Oct 18, 2011
IDC analysts Mary Turner and Tim Grieser covered the launch event and various Oracle Enterprise Manager sessions and demos at the Oracle Open World 2011 event. They published their observation in their Research Report : Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Embraces the Cloud with Integrated Lifecycle Management
In this research report, Mary and Tim said, "Oracle is to be given kudos for raising the bar and actively including mission critical database, middleware and application self service provisioning and dynamic scaling in the corporate cloud management discussion. Oracle is also to be commended for developing a comprehensive cloud lifecycle approach and for being remarkably clear on the steps needed to plan, implement, operate and manage clouds to derive business value from increasingly complex application deployments."
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c brings together three essential capabilities to help enterprises gain Total Cloud Control:
- Complete cloud life cycle management - New capabilities such as cloud setup and configuration, policy-driven resource management, self-service access, metering and chargeback.
- Integrated cloud stack management - Includes the entire Oracle stack ranging from Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Database and Hardware—as well as key non-Oracle technologies.
- Business-driven application management - Enables application performance to be optimized based on the real-time experience of end-users.
For more information, please go to Oracle Enterprise Manager web page or follow us at :
Friday Jul 29, 2011
By Anand Akela on Jul 29, 2011
My name is Anand Akela and I am a new member of the Oracle Enterprise Manager product marketing team. I wanted to introduce myself before you start seeing my postings here.
I will be focusing on cloud management, virtualization management and infrastructure management offerings in the Oracle Enterprise Manager portfolio.
I have been working in various product marketing, product management and engineering roles in the systems management, servers, data center energy efficiency, enterprise software areas. I also serve as the chairman of Data Collection and Analysis workgroup at the Green Grid, an industry consortium developing and promoting energy efficiency for data centers and enterprise systems.I am looking forward to interacting with you through the Oracle Enterprise Manager blog and other social media tools .
Friday Feb 25, 2011
Wednesday Apr 28, 2010
By chung.wu on Apr 28, 2010
Thursday Apr 22, 2010
Tuesday Jun 30, 2009
Wednesday Jun 24, 2009
Monday Apr 13, 2009
Wednesday Apr 08, 2009
Thursday Apr 02, 2009
Wednesday Mar 04, 2009
- Webcast: Ensure an Exceptional User Experience
- Webcast: Tear Down DevOps Barriers with Oracle Management Cloud
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c: Centralized Administration and Auditing of Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c: Track Compliance with the Oracle WebLogic Server 12c Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
- DBaaS RESTful API Cook Book
- Enterprise Manager 13c: What’s New in Database Lifecycle Management
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c: New and Exciting Features
- Oracle Enterprise Manager @ Oracle OpenWorld 2015
- Oracle OpenWorld Sneak Preview: Oracle’s Newest PaaS Offerings for IT Operations Management – Oracle Management Cloud
- Snap Cloning Databases on Exadata using Enterprise Manager