Tuesday Sep 02, 2014
Tuesday Mar 25, 2014
By Ted McLaughlan on Mar 25, 2014
Recent government policies and public demand for open data is rapidly exposing both opportunities and challenges within government information-sharing environments, behind the firewall - in turn a fantastic opportunity and challenge for the Enterprise Architects and Data Management organizations.
Monday Apr 08, 2013
By user737836 on Apr 08, 2013
When launching a formal EA program, Government organizations often begin by socializing the overall benefits of EA and developing an EA Charter and Plan. However, while both of these are valuable, they are more useful as part of after-the-fact documentation and communication plans. Having worked with a broad spectrum of state, local and municipal government organizations across the US and Canada, our team, Oracle's Public Sector Enterprise Strategy Team (EST), has found that the first and primary focus in launching an EA program should be on how to meaningfully engage top business leaders and other stakeholders to discover their needs, identify what would bring the most value to the organization, and obtain their buy-in and support for EA as a key enabler in helping the organization achieve its mission objectives.[Read More]
This blog is written and maintained by the Oracle Public Sector Enterprise Architecture & Strategy Community. We are senior Enterprise Architects across Canada and the United States dedicated to helping public sector customers use the discipline of enterprise architecture to turn strategy into successful execution.
- All Data as a Service (DaaS/BDaaS) - Who's Your D-a-a-S Enabler?
- Public Sector Digital Strategy Meets Public Safety - in Northern Virginia, Fairfax County
- US Regional, Metropolitan Area Public Sector "Open Data" Synergies, Opportunities, Challenges
- Public Sector Open Data via Information Sharing and Enterprise Architecture
- Hybrid IT or Cloud Initiative – a Perfect Enterprise Architecture Maturation Opportunity
- The Chief Marketing Technology Officer - CMTO - and the EA
- What is culture and how does it affect the practice of Enterprise Architecture?
- An Integrated Electronic Health Record Needs Enterprise Architecture for Communicating Separation of Concerns
- Launching an Enterprise Architecture Program within State, Local, Municipal Organizations
- An Agile Enterprise Architecture (EA) Delivers Critical Business and Mission Agility