By octav on Jan 03, 2008
NetBeans sources will be moving shortly to a different version control system - Mercurial. The details of the migration are detailed here. Tonda is in charge, so send him feedback. If you are not familiar with distributed version control systems, take a look at this article. Here is how I configured my own instance of NetBeans 6 to use Mercurial and point to the new repository.
Nota bene: I am running on a Mac - Leopard + Java 1.5.0_13.
- Get Mercurial (it will require Python)
- Python 2.5.1 for Macintosh OS X
- Mercurial 0.9.5-bc475d1f74ca for OS X 10.5 (supported version is 0.9.4)
- Install the Mercurial plugin from the NetBeans update center (Tools | Plugins) and get familiar with the documentation.
- Point NetBeans (assuming that you are using NetBeans to build and develop) to the repository (Versioning | Mercurial | Clone Other ...): http://hg.netbeans.org/main
- If you are looking for instructions on how to clone a repository from the command line, I found this document to be useful