By octav on May 22, 2009
Java One is around the corner and many times developers and analysts ask us how we make money with Java. In Jonathan's blog you get a glimpse of how we leverage the ubiquity of Java on the Windows desktops to sell distributions services. There is also licensing and middleware/hardware enablement via world class performance of our VM. One of the less known programs that enables us to monetize Java in the enterprise is Java for Business. Lot's of details on the website, however if you don't have the time, here is the offering in a nutshell:
- A subscription service offering that provides more control for customers that depend on our software while developing a compelling partnership/relationship between Sun's key customers and Sun's Java experts
- A replacement and enhancement for Java Multi-Platform Support offering
- A framework to offer a wide range of requested services and features to our customers
- Porting, tuning, custom work, special builds, emergency fixes, long-term support, etc.
- Desktop, asset management, etc.