With Oracle CX Commerce 20D Revision 6 (20.4.6) releasing this week, we are excited to launch our latest innovation, our next generation Open Storefront Framework (OSF) exclusively running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), Oracle’s next generation purpose-built, best-in-class cloud platform for running enterprise applications.
OSF is an important leap forward in the evolution of our CX Commerce Storefront that is focused on minimizing coding required, maintaining business level control, leveraging the latest technology frameworks, and providing robust tooling for the modern developer.
OSF has a number of benefits, including:
* Enabling front-end developers to deliver faster, more responsive, richer user experiences
* Being built in React, but allowing flexibility to develop in any front-end library of choice without fear of lock-in
* Leveraging the fully-featured CX Commerce solution with drag-and-drop experience tools, context-aware preview, personalization, content, merchandising, search, catalog, inventory, A/B testing, reporting, and more
* Providing a clean separation between the presentation layer and the state model to support local development and testing
* Allowing micro (not macro) updates to simplify how experiences are assembled and delivered with reusable, granular components to create, swap, and go without writing code.
We will continue to release enhancements to OSF in the coming months.
For more details on our new Oracle CX Commerce Open Storefront Framework:
* Watch our webinar on What's New in Oracle CX Commerce 21A, which includes an overview of OSF.
* Review the OSF product doc in our Help Center.
* Read the OSF FAQ in our Customer Connect forum (login required) -- it includes more information for existing customers on how to leverage OSF.
* Check out the What’s New release readiness material for OSF on the Cloud Readiness site.
* Watch all of the latest OSF videos at the OSF video channel in Video Hub.
Updated: OSF is now included in publicly available product documentation and REST API doc in our Help Center starting with 21A in January 2021. We will have additional how-to and best practice material and webinars coming soon.
Partner-specific training on OSF is available. Please reach out to the CX Commerce product management team for more information.