Friday Apr 27, 2012
Wednesday Jul 06, 2011
By Bleonard-Oracle on Jul 06, 2011
What prompted me to write my previous entry, recommended reading, was Bob Netherton's recently published 2 part series on Live Upgrade. Part 1 covers common problems while part 2 introduces survival tips:
Bob plans to update these entries as the topic evolves. However, he may also convert them over to a wiki if that makes more sense. Let him know.
Thursday Nov 18, 2010
By Brian Leonard on Nov 18, 2010
The Observatory is a blog for users of Oracle Solaris. Tune in here for tips, tricks and more as we explore the Solaris operating system from Oracle.
- Virtual Address Reservation in Solaris 11.3
- APIs for handling per-thread signals in Solaris
- PV IPoIB in Kernel Zones in Solaris 11.3
- Named threads in Oracle Solaris 11.3
- Better performing pthread reader-writer locks for NUMA architectures
- New Security Extensions in Oracle Solaris 11.3
- OpenSSL on Oracle Solaris 11.3
- Changes to ZFS ARC Memory Allocation in 11.3
- Multi-CPU Binding (MCB)
- Which Oracle Solaris Virtualization?