Thursday Sep 10, 2009
Thursday Nov 06, 2008
By Brian Leonard on Nov 06, 2008
I would guess the majority of you to expect ctrl+space to be associated with code completion. My teammate Roman has already filed a defect for this, and I was happy to learn that it has already been addressed in the upcoming 2008.11 release. For now, if you want to leave the Input Switcher enabled, but would prefer to use a different trigger key, you can simply delete (or change) the trigger key...
Friday Sep 19, 2008
Tuesday Sep 09, 2008
By Brian Leonard on Sep 09, 2008
NetBeans 6.5 o the IPS repository:
bleonard@opensolaris:~$ pkg info -r netbeans Name: netbeans Summary: Open-source Integrated Development Environment for enterprise, web and mobile applications in Java, C/C++, and Ruby Category: Development/Integrated Development Environments State: Not installed Authority: opensolaris.org Version: 6.5 Build Release: 5.11 Branch: 0.86 Packaging Date: Thu Dec 4 03:56:43 2008 Size: 2.84 MB FMRI: pkg:/firstname.lastname@example.org,5.11-0.86:20081204T035643Z
To install it:
bleonard@opensolaris:~$ pfexec pkg install netbeans DOWNLOAD PKGS FILES XFER (MB) Completed 20/20 4669/4669 309.90/309.90 PHASE ACTIONS Install Phase 5921/5921 PHASE ITEMS Reading Existing Index 8/8 Indexing Packages 20/20
And to start it:
Tuesday Aug 05, 2008
By Roman Strobl on Aug 05, 2008
A new version (0.4) of NetBeans DTrace GUI plug-in is ready for download from NetBeans Update Center.
New features include:
- Chime (the DTrace output visualization) is embedded into the NetBeans
DTrace GUI Plugin. Chime is fully integrated with NB DTrace GUI.
- New & enhanced UI.
- An Open-Sourced project at netbeans.org. Developers can participate in future implementations such as DTrace Editor which includes Dtrace code completion, syntax checking and code folding.
- Works with Sun Studio IDE Express releases.
- Works with NetBeans IDE 6.0, 6.1, and 6.5.
For more information, see:
Wednesday Jun 25, 2008
By Brian Leonard on Jun 25, 2008
Last week I wrote an entry over on java.net on how to install NetBeans 6.1. The first step in that entry was an overcomplicated series of steps to install the JDK. I swear I first looked in the Package Manager, and was surprised to not find the JDK, but I must have just searched on "Java". Sure enough, as Gregg points out in Getting Java, searching on "JDK" does show all of the packages needed.
Update: NetBeans 6.1 is now in the IPS repository. Here are the new installation instructions.
- Next OTN Virtual Sysadmin Day: January 28th, 2014
- Building a "developer cloud" with Oracle Solaris 11
- Security Experts Spill the Beans on Oracle Solaris 11.1
- Oracle Solaris 11.1: Compliance Reporting with SCAP
- Oracle Solaris 10 1/13: Improved Secure File Copy Performance
- Oracle Solaris 11 pkg fix
- Oracle Solaris 11.1
- Using Ops Center to Provision Solaris using a Card-Based NIC
- Oracle Solaris Live Chat This Wednesday (June 27, 8-11A PT)
- Liveinstall Solaris 11 from Solaris 10