Tuesday Nov 11, 2008
Tuesday Aug 12, 2008
By Brian Leonard on Aug 12, 2008
Earlier today Gregg pointed me to New OSS Drivers Fix Sound Issues in OpenSolaris on Mac OS X - and lo and behold - they do - at least in VirtualBox.
Monday Jun 30, 2008
Thursday Jun 26, 2008
By Judith Lilienfeld on Jun 26, 2008
Brian has an excellent post about installing OpenSolaris on the MAC. As he notes he is "not the first to document this configuration (1). However, I wasn't successful with any of the other approaches I discovered. Maybe this was because it most cases they were using a pre-release build of OpenSolaris 2008.05. So, for what it's worth, here are the steps that led me to success... "
Check it out here:
The Observatory is a blog for users of Oracle Solaris. Tune in here for tips, tricks and more as we explore the Solaris operating system from Oracle.
- AI Manifest Editor CLI in Solaris 11.3
- Virtual Address Reservation in Solaris 11.3
- APIs for handling per-thread signals in Solaris
- PV IPoIB in Kernel Zones in Solaris 11.3
- Named threads in Oracle Solaris 11.3
- Better performing pthread reader-writer locks for NUMA architectures
- New Security Extensions in Oracle Solaris 11.3
- OpenSSL on Oracle Solaris 11.3
- Changes to ZFS ARC Memory Allocation in 11.3
- Multi-CPU Binding (MCB)