Friday May 15, 2009
Friday May 08, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 08, 2009
Friday Apr 03, 2009
By Roman Strobl on Apr 03, 2009
Monday Mar 02, 2009
By Brian Leonard on Mar 02, 2009
One of the best presentations I attended while at the TechDays event in Singapore was a lightening talk from Ang Yuit titled "A tour with OpenSolaris - end user perspective". Yuit's the CEO of The Adventus Consultants and his objective talk on what he both liked and disliked about his switch to OpenSolaris was excellent.
On Wednesday March 18th at CommunityOne East in New York City, I'm giving a talk titled "Moving to OpenSolaris". It's based on my own experiences, however, I would welcome during my talk anyone from the community that would be willing to share their perspective on the move to OpenSolaris. If you are interested, post a comment and I'll make it happen.
Thursday Feb 19, 2009
The Observatory is a blog for users of Oracle Solaris. Tune in here for tips, tricks and more as we explore the Solaris operating system from Oracle.
- Last login tracking in pam_unix_session
- Oracle Solaris 11.3 progress on LP64 conversion
- Valgrind: Easy and powerful detection of memory and threading problems
- Minimizing the Size of Your Oracle Solaris IPS Package Repository
- AI Manifest Editor CLI in Solaris 11.3
- Virtual Address Reservation in Solaris 11.3
- APIs for handling per-thread signals in Solaris
- PV IPoIB in Kernel Zones in Solaris 11.3
- Named threads in Oracle Solaris 11.3
- Better performing pthread reader-writer locks for NUMA architectures