By Drewfisher-Oracle on May 07, 2014
As I mentioned in my previous post about Puppet, there are some new Solaris-specific Resource Types for Puppet 3.4.1 in Oracle Solaris 11.2. All of these new Resource Types and Providers have been available on java.net since integration into the FOSS projects gate. I am actively working with Puppet Labs to get this code pushed back upstream so that it's available for anybody to work with.
Here's a small description of a few (of 23) of the new Resource Types:
- name - The boot_environment name (#namevar)
- description - Description for the new boot environment
- clone_be - Create a new boot environment from an existing inactive boot environment
- options - Create the datasets for a new boot environment with specific ZFS properties. Specified as a hash
- zpool - Create the new boot environment in the specified zpool
- activate - Activate the specified boot environment
- name - The publisher name (#namevar)
- origin - Which origin URI(s) to set. For multiple origins, specify them as a list
- enable - Enable the publisher
- sticky - Set the publisher 'sticky'
- searchfirst - Set the publisher first in the search order
- searchafter - Set the publisher after the specified publisher in the search order
- searchbefore - Set the publisher before the specified publisher in the search order
- proxy - Use the specified web proxy URI to retrieve content for the specified origin or mirror
- sslkey - The client SSL key
- sslcert - The client SSL certificate
- name - The name of the VNIC (#namevar)
- temporary - Optional parameter that specifies that the VNIC is temporary
- lower_link - The name of the physical datalink over which the VNIC is operating
- mac_address - Sets the VNIC's MAC address based on the specified value
- name - A symbolic name for the DNS client settings to use. This name is used for human reference only
- nameserver - The IP address(es) the resolver is to query. A maximum of 3 IP addresses may be specified. Specify multiple addresses as a list
- domain - The local domain name
- search - The search list for host name lookup. A maximum of 6 search entries may be specified. Specify multiple search entries as a list
- sortlist - Addresses returned by gethostbyname() to be sorted. Entries must be specified in IP 'slash notation'. A maximum of 10 sortlist entries may be specified. Specify multiple entries as an array.
- options - Set internal resolver variables. Valid values are debug, ndots:n, timeout:n, retrans:n, attempts:n, retry:n, rotate, no-check-names, inet6. For values with 'n', specify 'n' as an integer. Specify multiple options as an array.
Other Resource Types are:
- Datalink Management: etherstub, ip_tunnel, link_aggregation, solaris_vlan
- IP Network Interfaces: address_object, address_property, interface_properties, ip_interface, ipmp_interface, link_properties, protocol_properties, vni_interface
- pkg(5) Management: pkg_facet, pkg_mediator, pkg_variant
- Naming Services: nis, nsswitch, ldap
The zones Resource Type has been updated to provide Kernel Zone and archive support as well.