Friday Apr 27, 2012
Tuesday Apr 24, 2012
By Larry Wake -Oracle on Apr 24, 2012
You may have noticed over to the right, there's that red box mentioning the Solaris online forum coming up tomorrow.
There's still time to register; we'll have Markus Flierl, the head of Solaris core engineering, discussing what's been going on since the launch last November, plus two of his senior engineers, Dan Price and Bart Smaalders, who will be giving their point of view on not only what's cool in Solaris 11 today, but what they're working on for future updates.
Plus, we'll have a live Q&A running throughout the forum, so you can ask questions directly to various Solaris engineers.
The Observatory is a blog for users of Oracle Solaris. Tune in here for tips, tricks and more as we explore the Solaris operating system from Oracle.
- Last login tracking in pam_unix_session
- Oracle Solaris 11.3 progress on LP64 conversion
- Valgrind: Easy and powerful detection of memory and threading problems
- Minimizing the Size of Your Oracle Solaris IPS Package Repository
- AI Manifest Editor CLI in Solaris 11.3
- Virtual Address Reservation in Solaris 11.3
- APIs for handling per-thread signals in Solaris
- PV IPoIB in Kernel Zones in Solaris 11.3
- Named threads in Oracle Solaris 11.3
- Better performing pthread reader-writer locks for NUMA architectures