Tuesday Jun 16, 2009
Sunday May 31, 2009
Tuesday May 26, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 26, 2009
- OpenSolaris Auto Install by Clay Baenziger (60 mins)
- How to synchronize an iPod by Pat Korsnick (20 mins)
Wednesday May 20, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 20, 2009
If you are a developer in China you can now get access to a complete OpenSolaris desktop. Anyone who is interested can register an account at Unix-Center.Net. After your account is activated, you can login to the server either via SSH or VNC. Every user gets their own home directory and 100 MB of storage space.
Tuesday May 19, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 19, 2009
The engineers participating in the chat include:
- Stephen Hahn - Distinguished Engineer (Technical Lead for OpenSolaris)
- Glynn Foster - OpenSolaris Product Manager
- David Comay - Principal Engineer
- Jim Walker - Engineering Manager (SourceJuicer)
- Sunay Tripathi - Distinguished Engineer (Crossbow)
- David Miner - Staff Engineer (The OpenSolaris Bible)
On Thursday May 28th go to Slashdot and look for the OpenSolaris chat window.
Friday May 15, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 15, 2009
Friday May 08, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 08, 2009
Saturday Apr 11, 2009
By Roman Strobl on Apr 11, 2009
Nick Solter and Dave Miner (authors of OpenSolaris Bible) presented a session called Becoming an OpenSolaris Power User, which covers topics such as ZFS, DTrace and networking at Community One. Source: Nick Solter's blog.
Tuesday Mar 03, 2009
By Roman Strobl on Mar 03, 2009
Monday Mar 02, 2009
By Brian Leonard on Mar 02, 2009
One of the best presentations I attended while at the TechDays event in Singapore was a lightening talk from Ang Yuit titled "A tour with OpenSolaris - end user perspective". Yuit's the CEO of The Adventus Consultants and his objective talk on what he both liked and disliked about his switch to OpenSolaris was excellent.
On Wednesday March 18th at CommunityOne East in New York City, I'm giving a talk titled "Moving to OpenSolaris". It's based on my own experiences, however, I would welcome during my talk anyone from the community that would be willing to share their perspective on the move to OpenSolaris. If you are interested, post a comment and I'll make it happen.
Thursday Feb 19, 2009
Tuesday Jan 27, 2009
Monday Dec 15, 2008
By Brian Leonard on Dec 15, 2008
As Devoxx founder Stephan Janssen told me last week: "Even though you're an evangelist, the committee reviewed your talk and thought it would be of interest".
Friday Dec 12, 2008
By Judith Lilienfeld on Dec 12, 2008
This year CommunityOne is expanding beyond San Francisco to the other side of the U.S. CommunityOne is heading east to New York City on March 18, 2009 followed by a day of Technology Deep Dives on March 19, 2009 . New York City is my hometown so I am pretty excited about this cause this gives us east coasters an opportunity to hear about what is going on in the open source world without having to wait for the San Francisco event.
You can submit a session, panel or lightning talk. The deadline for papers/participation has been extended to Dec 19, 2008 and we want to hear from you: developers, technologists and students
Check out http://developers.sun.com/events/communityone/ for more information. Make sure and scroll down for information on How to Submit.
Tuesday Oct 28, 2008
- Next OTN Virtual Sysadmin Day: January 28th, 2014
- Building a "developer cloud" with Oracle Solaris 11
- Security Experts Spill the Beans on Oracle Solaris 11.1
- Oracle Solaris 11.1: Compliance Reporting with SCAP
- Oracle Solaris 10 1/13: Improved Secure File Copy Performance
- Oracle Solaris 11 pkg fix
- Oracle Solaris 11.1
- Using Ops Center to Provision Solaris using a Card-Based NIC
- Oracle Solaris Live Chat This Wednesday (June 27, 8-11A PT)
- Liveinstall Solaris 11 from Solaris 10