Tuesday Jul 14, 2009
Monday Jul 06, 2009
By Brian Leonard on Jul 06, 2009
Monday Jun 29, 2009
By Brian Leonard on Jun 29, 2009
Tuesday Jun 16, 2009
Sunday May 31, 2009
Tuesday May 26, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 26, 2009
- OpenSolaris Auto Install by Clay Baenziger (60 mins)
- How to synchronize an iPod by Pat Korsnick (20 mins)
Wednesday May 20, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 20, 2009
If you are a developer in China you can now get access to a complete OpenSolaris desktop. Anyone who is interested can register an account at Unix-Center.Net. After your account is activated, you can login to the server either via SSH or VNC. Every user gets their own home directory and 100 MB of storage space.
Tuesday May 19, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 19, 2009
The engineers participating in the chat include:
- Stephen Hahn - Distinguished Engineer (Technical Lead for OpenSolaris)
- Glynn Foster - OpenSolaris Product Manager
- David Comay - Principal Engineer
- Jim Walker - Engineering Manager (SourceJuicer)
- Sunay Tripathi - Distinguished Engineer (Crossbow)
- David Miner - Staff Engineer (The OpenSolaris Bible)
On Thursday May 28th go to Slashdot and look for the OpenSolaris chat window.
Friday May 15, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 15, 2009
Friday May 08, 2009
By Brian Leonard on May 08, 2009
Saturday Apr 11, 2009
By Roman Strobl on Apr 11, 2009
Nick Solter and Dave Miner (authors of OpenSolaris Bible) presented a session called Becoming an OpenSolaris Power User, which covers topics such as ZFS, DTrace and networking at Community One. Source: Nick Solter's blog.
Tuesday Mar 03, 2009
By Roman Strobl on Mar 03, 2009
Monday Mar 02, 2009
By Brian Leonard on Mar 02, 2009
One of the best presentations I attended while at the TechDays event in Singapore was a lightening talk from Ang Yuit titled "A tour with OpenSolaris - end user perspective". Yuit's the CEO of The Adventus Consultants and his objective talk on what he both liked and disliked about his switch to OpenSolaris was excellent.
On Wednesday March 18th at CommunityOne East in New York City, I'm giving a talk titled "Moving to OpenSolaris". It's based on my own experiences, however, I would welcome during my talk anyone from the community that would be willing to share their perspective on the move to OpenSolaris. If you are interested, post a comment and I'll make it happen.
Thursday Feb 19, 2009
Tuesday Jan 27, 2009
The Observatory is a blog for users of Oracle Solaris. Tune in here for tips, tricks and more as we explore the Solaris operating system from Oracle.
- Virtual Address Reservation in Solaris 11.3
- APIs for handling per-thread signals in Solaris
- PV IPoIB in Kernel Zones in Solaris 11.3
- Named threads in Oracle Solaris 11.3
- Better performing pthread reader-writer locks for NUMA architectures
- New Security Extensions in Oracle Solaris 11.3
- OpenSSL on Oracle Solaris 11.3
- Changes to ZFS ARC Memory Allocation in 11.3
- Multi-CPU Binding (MCB)
- Which Oracle Solaris Virtualization?