Thursday Oct 25, 2012
Tuesday Oct 16, 2012
By Larry Wake -Oracle on Oct 16, 2012
Scott Dickson writes: "Here's what I want to do: I have a Sun Fire T2000 server with a Quad-GbE nxge card installed. The only network is connected to port 2 on that card rather than the built-in network interfaces. I want to install Solaris on it across the network, either Solaris 10 or Solaris 11."
See what he did, using Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c.
The Observatory is a blog for users of Oracle Solaris. Tune in here for tips, tricks and more as we explore the Solaris operating system from Oracle.
- AI Manifest Editor CLI in Solaris 11.3
- Virtual Address Reservation in Solaris 11.3
- APIs for handling per-thread signals in Solaris
- PV IPoIB in Kernel Zones in Solaris 11.3
- Named threads in Oracle Solaris 11.3
- Better performing pthread reader-writer locks for NUMA architectures
- New Security Extensions in Oracle Solaris 11.3
- OpenSSL on Oracle Solaris 11.3
- Changes to ZFS ARC Memory Allocation in 11.3
- Multi-CPU Binding (MCB)