Sunday May 27, 2012
Thursday May 24, 2012
By user554629 on May 24, 2012
Solaris Summary: obisolaris.tar.gz contains these scripts;
- obimon - monitor memory and connection growth.
- pcore.sh - miniture version of pstack.sh for Solaris, if Studio12.3 dbx is not installed.
- packcore.sh - bundle core file and libraries for Oracle Tech Support
- pstack.sh - uses dbx to obtain call stacks from a core file.
Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 download: extract/install dbx using unpackDbx.sh
Solaris Core Naming (root command):
coreadm -i core.%f.%p -e log -e global
Wednesday May 16, 2012
By user554629 on May 16, 2012
Dick Dunbar is an escalation engineer for the Oracle Business Intelligence product (obiee). I live and work in Santa Cruz, California. The tips I'll be sharing on this blog have been collected from multiple customer incidents.
I'll explain the techniques I use to detect, avoid, and repair obiee problems reported to Oracle.
I've been collecting these issues since 2003 when I was an IBM onsite support engineer to Siebel.
The first few entries will come quite slowly as I struggle to find the "proper voice" to explain common technical issues that relate directly to obiee.
I believe the best documentation is read and followed by a machine ( executable scripts); few of us have the time to read, understand and implement everything related to our work.
Update: This is harder to get started than I thought; "No one who reads can clean an attic" -anon
These are my own views, not necessarily the views of Oracle.
is an escalation engineer working in the Customer Engineering & Advocacy Lab (CEAL team)
for Oracle Analytics and Performance Management.
I live and work in Santa Cruz, California.
I'll share the techniques I use to detect, avoid and repair problems.
- OBI Sample VM -- Part 3 Check It Out
- OBI Sample Virtual Machine as an appliance on Windows
- Deploying the OBI Sample Virtual Machine
- SafariBooks: Oracle BI 11g Developer's Guide
- obiee memory usage
- AIX Checklist for stable obiee deployment
- Active File Sparsing
- Browser Alert -- cannot download links using Internet Explorer
- Data Mining Email with Thunderbird