By user554629 on May 24, 2012
Getting started with Linux technical support
Browser Alert: Use Firefox, Chrome, Safari or IE10 to download files in links below (R-Click, Save-As ). Previous Internet Explorer versions do not work for download ( and IE10 does not work to edit Roller Blogs ( edited with Chrome 3/15/2013)
- obilinux.tar.gz (2013-07-10) - Archive collection of files listed below
- obidoc (v2.5) - collects critical Linux system options needed by Tech Support
- obimon (v2.5) - monitor memory and connection growth.
- netstat.sh (v2.2) - monitor network changes with timestamped output
- vmstat.sh (v2.5) - monitor system memory usage and paging with timestamped output.
- strace.sh (v2.5) - monitor system calls from an active process.
- pstack.sh (v2.4) - If you have a core file, this script will document the information Tech Support needs.
- packcore.sh (v2.1) - bundle core file and libraries for Oracle Tech Support. pstack.sh output preferred.
- dos2unix - Converts ascii file line-end from Windows to Unix. This is an improved version over the Linux supplied utility; it only removes line-end chars and retains the original owner and timestamp.
- /bin/ksh is unreliable. Scripts use #!/bin/bash
Symptom: "bad interpreter: "
- obidoc should be run from the userid that launches obiee servers.
It expects to find (whoami, id, uname, uptime, host, hostname, uname, nohup, w, who, vmstat, ps, ifconfig, netstat, df, rpm, egrep, sort, printf, which) in standard directories: /bin:/usr/bin:/sbin
It will use lsof if it finds it in $PATH.
- pstack.sh expects to find ( rpm, gdb, grep, egrep, sort, head, tail, find, which, basename, strings, uname, whoami, sed ). Output is written to $obiCollect or the current directory.
- obimon should be run from the userid that owns the process to be monitored. It needs permissions to access the /proc filesystem. It needs permission to write to the current directory, or to the directory identified with environment variable $obiCollect.
2013-07-10: obilinux.tar.gz refreshed
2013-04-12: pstack.sh, obimon, new strace.sh
2013-03-04: Revise pstack.sh algorithm to discover executable fullpath from a core file.
2013-01-29: Link only to obilinux.tar.gz; scripts have been updated to v2.1 to repair pstack.sh, packcore.sh, obidoc; v2.2 obidoc