Clean and contemporary design is the backbone of Oracle HCM Cloud Release 12, with powerful options to encourage efficient navigation and task completion.
Oracle has made a significant commitment to investing in a modern user experience (UX), making it part of the cloud product development life cycle. The Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) team
believes in the impact of user-centered design and constantly conducts UX research and prototyping with our customers. Our research has resulted in the evolution of products to specifically meet customers’ business needs.
New large icons in Oracle HCM Cloud Release 12 encourage users to quickly and easily participate in the cloud.
Information you need, when you need it
To start, the updated home page has a new large icon style, which quickly draws attention to what users need to do – a key part of our “glance, scan, commit
” philosophy.R12’s expanded branding and theming controls also give customers increased flexibility to mold HCM Cloud to best fit their unique corporate cultures.
When users want to dive deeper into HCM Cloud, two enhancements make getting to work easy and intuitive:
- Quick actions: Users can easily initiate any action or work flow from one button on the home page, without having to be familiar with deeper navigation. Access to tasks is tailored to user roles — employee, line manager, or professional user.
Quick actions: Entry points lead to important tasks and work flows from the home page.
- Detailed reports: HCM Cloud users are familiar with infolets, which present essential data at a glance. But, what if a user seeks more than the most essential bits? It’s easy to navigate from infolets to information-rich, detailed reports.
Detailed reports: Navigate easily to information-dense levels of HCM Cloud for more information.
Familiar consumer experiences
Release 12’s redesigned employee information area, called the Employee 360 in previous releases, houses employee data in a modern, centralized place. The Public Profile highlights employee expertise, areas of interest, goals and even real-time feedback to and from colleagues. The profile’s options are built on familiar social media experiences, giving users opportunities to create their own "brand" inside a company.
From the Person Spotlight, approved users can quickly see deeper layers of personnel-related details that may not be accessible to an entire organization, such as performance details, career goals, compensation, and other records.
Public Profile: An employee can build their own “brand” within an organization.
Person Spotlight: See employee details, such as career goals, compensation, and more.
The Learning section, introduced in R11, houses learning materials and videos in a format that is close to the consumer-like experience you may see daily online. R12 makes taking those training opportunities on the road possible, providing the ability to download content and watch it offline from any device, anywhere.
Learning: Peer-to-peer and social learning are supported.
Release 12 has incorporated enhancements to streamline user efficiency and keep the focus on tasks in progress. HCM Cloud’s smart navigation knows who you are, what role you have, and your recent activity within the product.
For example, throughout the product, notifications alert users to pending tasks without taking them away from their work.
- Actionable menu notifications allow for approvals or rejections from anywhere in the system, eliminating the need to navigate to another area of the HCM Cloud to review details.
- Email notifications can be customized with templates to reflect your company brand. Again, users can approve or reject a task, without leaving their email inboxes.
- Auto-dismiss messages, new for R12, pop up to communicate important information – confirmations and warnings, for example – but automatically close in five seconds, without the need for additional steps or clicks.
Actionable menu notifications: Users can tend to pending tasks – and also stay with the job in progress.
Find out more
To learn more about this release, visit Customer Connect
or check out these links: