Partnering in Milano
I attended the Oracle HCM Cloud Partner Enablement Summit near Milan, Italy to explain the Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) enablement strategy of using Oracle Platform as a Service (PaaS) to extend the Oracle Applications Cloud. We enable partners to offer their customers even more: a great user experience across the Software as a Service (SaaS) applications portfolio. We call this PaaS4SaaS.
The central part of my charter is to drive an OAUX PaaS4SaaS strategy that resonates with the business needs of the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and our own sales enablement worldwide, but with the EMEA region as focus.
We have a great team that delivers Oracle PaaS and SaaS enablement and direct deal support, scaling our outreach message and running events so that the proven resources to win more business get into the hands of our partners and our sales teams.
The OAUX team PaaS4SaaS enablement is based on a rapid development kit (RDK) strategy of simple development, design, and business materials. After a few hours, partners walk away from one of our events with Cloud solutions they can sell to customers.
The Business of PaaS4SaaS Enablement
Let me explain more broadly why our PaaS4SaaS approach is a partner differentiator and a competitive must-have, and about how you can be in on the action!
During the event in Italy, I deployed live a tablet-first Oracle Applications Cloud simplified UI from the RDK to an Oracle Java Cloud Service - SaaS Extension (JCS-SX) service, demonstrating that our apps are not only simple to use, but easy to build, and therefore easy for partners to sell.
Make no mistake; PaaS4SaaS is the partner differentiator when it comes to competing in the cloud. Our enablement means partners can:
- Build Oracle Applications Cloud simplified UIs productively using Oracle PaaS and SaaS.
- Offer customization and integration confidence to customers in the cloud: they’ll get the same great user experience that Oracle delivers out of the box.
- Identify new reusable business opportunities in the cloud and win more deals.
- Accelerate innovation and SaaS adoption and increase the range of value-add PaaS solutions offered to customers.
- Sharpen sales and consulting strategies using the user experience message, and take your position in the partner world to a new level.
Update: The Cloud UX Rapid Development Kit for SaaS Release 10 is now available for partners too! Here we see the RDK's simplified UI Inflolet view running in the Java Cloud Service courtesy of Timo Hahn (@tompeez).
The Wisdom of the Cloud Crowd
But don’t just take it from me, check out the wisdom of the cloud, and what our partners, the press, and Oracle’s leadership team have to say about PaaS and SaaS:
- PaaS and SaaS Perfect: Partners bring innovation to the Oracle ecosystem and run it on Oracle’s Cloud (Debra Lilley [@debralilley], Vice President Certus Cloud Services, Certus Solutions)
- "PaaS for SaaS will emerge as the de-facto way to extend Oracle Applications in a safe, manageable, and cost-effective way" (Debra Lilley)
- By Oracle OpenWorld 2015 (October) 95% of Oracle products will be in the Cloud (Mark Hurd [@markvhurd], co-CEO Oracle Corporation)
- PaaS opportunity even bigger than SaaS (Forbes OracleVoice [@forbes])
- On the Oracle Cloud—"an out-of-the-box, standardized environment to start building the application or deploying the application or data in an hour" (Mike Lehman, Vice President, Product Management, Oracle Corporation)
- Partners can better tailor their applications to customers’ needs and, in general, make them better and faster (Steve Miranda [@stevenrmiranda], Executive Vice President, Applications Development, Oracle Corporation)
Got What It Takes?
Here are the partner requirements to start that conversation with us about OAUX enablement:
- Do you have use cases for PaaS and SaaS (Oracle Applications Cloud) that fit a simplified UI approach for the users?
- Do you want to learn how to build user experience (UX) solutions as the partner differentiator?
- Are you an Oracle Applications Cloud (ERP, HCM, Sales) partner who wants to lead and influence?
- Do you have Oracle ADF, Oracle MAF, Oracle JET, Oracle Fusion Middleware or other development skills in-house or by way of an alliance with another partner?
- Can you bring a customer to the enablement process with you, either online or in person? Or, can you bring along someone to act as the typical user of your solution?
- Are you willing to participate jointly in Oracle outreach and communications about your enablement and the outcome?
- So, if you want what other partners in APAC, EMEA, and the U.S. have already experienced, and you tick all the requirements boxes, get in touch with me.
For more information on our PaaS4SaaS enablement, check out these links: