By nitkal on May 13, 2008
1. Http Monitoring and Inspection - The HTTP Requests, Responses, Headers, Response times (along with their Ajax XMLHttpRequest counterparts) can be viewed and monitored.
2. Breakpoint Debugging - Breakpoints can be set and the code flow can be stepped in , stepped out or stepped over.
3. Console Logging - In firefox browsers, an implicit object called console is made available, Log statements can be inserted using console.log("Logged")
4. DOM Inspection - The HTTP DOM tree can be inspected down to the smallest elements
5. Profiling - console.profile() and console.profileEnd() methods could be used to analyse the time elapses within code blocks..
With Firebug, client side debugging seems to have truly evolved...