WSRP on Tomcat 5.5
By nitkal on Mar 07, 2008
WSRP (Web Services for Remote Portlets) is a protocol specification using which portlets are published and consumed as web services.This enables portlets that are deployed on any container to be rendered in the local container as long as the containers are configured for WSRP. The major components that make up the WSRP architecture are:
1. Producer - For exposing the portlets as web services, managing consumer registration apart from the others
2. Consumer - For rendering the remote portlets similar to the local portlets in the container
3. Producer/Consumer Administrative Portlets - These provide the UI for managing the administration of the producer and consumer
4. WSRP Test Driver - An environment for deploying, testing remote portlets
5. WSRP Administrative Interface - These consist of Mbeans that perform administrative tasks that the admin portlets use.
For a more detailed understanding of WSRP, refer to this article.
Currently WSRP can be configured on Tomcat 5.5 and Portlet Conainer 2.0 in addition to Glassfish Application server. Here are the instructions.
Resources for WSRP:
1. The WSRP java.net page