"The only IDE you need!" is finally out!!
By Nischal Rao on Nov 21, 2008
After working with RC version for quite a long, it feels really great to announce that the Netbeans 6.5 is finally out.
For those of you who don't know, NetBeans is an award winning Integrated Development Environment available for OpenSolaris, Linux, Mac and Windows. Its a great tool which lets you develop your web, enterprise, desktop and mobile applications rapidly and easily.
It is not possible to jot down every new feature Netbeans 6.5 has to offer ( this blog would then go on forever!! ) however, some of the features really need to be mentioned here.
- 40% faster startup!! Boom in performance.
- "Compile on Save" feature. There is no need to build the project. All you need to do now is just save your project!
- Quick Search.
- Eclipse Project import. You can now easily import an eclipse project and continue work on NetBeans.
- New Multi-Threaded debugging support with deadlock detection.
- Runs on JRE. Previous versions used JDK.
- New Ruby Features.
- Enhanced C/C++ code completion accuracy, call graphs etc
- New Java features like CamelCase code completion, JavaDoc analyzer, call hierarchy, incremental parsing.
For more details on the features visit: http://wiki.netbeans.org/NewAndNoteWorthyNB65