Thursday May 17, 2007
By nwooler on May 17, 2007
Monday May 07, 2007
By nwooler on May 07, 2007
Well here goes. This is my first entry into the Sun Blog world. Michael Cote from Redmonk posted a great topic on his blog Friday morning on using blogs to help customer service. I have been monitoring this topic for awhile now as we experiment with having better conversations with our customers at Sun in the product development and marketing organizations.
There are a lot of examples of how Blogs are being used by product teams to get information out about specific features. We have experimented with versions of this in our own Sun Connection. Let us know what you think. Google is using product blogs to address snipets about different features and functions for Blogspot , Desktop , and others.
However, Jonathon has taken the concept of customer service to a new level by using his blog to have a conversation with our customers that is unprecedented in CEO circles. There are very insightful comments by customers, colleagues, and alumni of Sun. Jonathon not only responds to the comments but sometimes will even make them a topic of his blog entry like in the case of his topics on SEC and openess at Sun.
As the ability to share grows the exciting challenge for us all is experimenting with methods and processes of listening, responding and converting those conversations into action. The blog is poor at managing extended conversations or variant conversations. I look forward to seeing how this communication channel will evolve for supporting our customers.
I will be up at JavaOne this week in San Francisco. Hope to see you there.
Sharing 12 years of technology experience as developer, product and program manager, and marketing director. Identity Management, Security, and Product Management issues occupy my mind during the working day. Water Polo keeps me healthy.
- Register Today for Free Webinar: Oracle Security Online Forum Feb. 24
- Cloud Security Grows Up! Gmail & Two Factor Authentication
- Security Breech at University Leads to Questions About Fraud Prevention
- Security: Zeus brought down by Operation Trident Beach
- Day 5: Open World Wrap-up
- Day 4: IDM at Oracle Open World
- Day 2: IDM at Oracle Open World
- IDM at Oracle Open World
- Free Webinar Today: Simplify Access Management with F5 & Oracle
- Free Webinar: Simplifying Access Management with F5 & Oracle Aug. 26. 10:00am