OpenxVM Ops Center launches first project
By nwooler on Dec 10, 2007
OpenxVM launched it's first open source project today! It is the first of a number of projects that the team at Sun will be launching to build a community around virtualization. There are a number of existing projects already, most notably the work done by Open Solaris and the works derived from the Xen community here or the work done on LDOMS in Open Solaris here. This is the first project in the community geared towards the management of the physical and virtual assets.
The project is Sun's first project under GPL v3 and a number of roles are available for members who want to participate. The project offers several pre-built binaries that will support work on Solaris x86, Solaris SPARC and Linux x86 platforms.
We have too many agents consuming resources on servers today. What if
we could minimize the number and have one that provided all of the
information or functionality we needed to manage physical and virtual
A number of influential people are talking about ideas of things to come. You should add these to your favorite reader and monitor our progress.
- Steve Wilson - http://blogs.sun.com/stevewilson/
- Prasad Pai - http://blogs.sun.com/prasadpai/
- Nick Stephen - http://blogs.sun.com/nickstephen/
- Mark Hamilton - http://blogs.sun.com/marchamilton/
- Nils Nieuwejaar - http://blogs.sun.com/nilsn/
- John Levon - http://blogs.sun.com/levon/
- Joe Bonasera - http://blogs.sun.com/JoeBonasera/
- Eric Sharakan - http://blogs.sun.com/sharakan/
More information to come on the Common Agent Container.