Thursday Jan 31, 2008
Monday Jan 21, 2008
By nickstephen on Jan 21, 2008
The Sun site I work at in Grenoble is a software engineering center, where close to a couple of hundred of us work on all kinds of software, from Open Solaris kernel internals to xVM, from Open Directory Server to Java SE. Notice a common theme? That's right, open-source is Sun's development and business model for software.
Last week we held a 4-day Software Technical Event, for Sun's parters from France and across Europe, working with the technical sales force based all over Europe to construct an agenda designed by and for software developers, with the Grenoble staff being able to contribute to many of the tracks.
The event, the first of its kind in Grenoble, was a huge success, with over 200 people attending.
As concerns the technology our team is involved with, Common Agent Container and xVM, we were very happy to see a presentation by InfoVista on their performance-management solution that leverages the Common Agent Container DTrace module for remote monitoring of vanilla Solaris 10 boxes using DTrace.
We also gave a presentation on xVM Ops Center, the Common Agent Container, and the upcoming xVM Ops Center next release as well as xVM Server, which was well received... the slides are available here.
- Interview talking about xVM Ops Center
- Sun Campus Ambassadors and GEC's University Day
- Using Microsoft's winrm to access an xVM Server's public APIs over a secure JSR 262 ws-management connection
- Tech Talk on the xVM Portfolio - VDI, Virtual Box, xVM Server, xVM Ops Center
- Hiking a stone's throw from home - a weekend away from work
- The new user interface of xVM Server 1.0 and xVM Ops Center 2.0
- xVM Server and xVM Ops Center 2.0
- word clouds
- xVM Q&A with Steve Wilson
- Software Technical Event at Grenoble Engineering Center