By Petr on Jan 13, 2009
When I published the entry with the first screenshots of Prado support, I promised to publish first alpha version soon. Unfortunately from that time I'm extremely busy and I wasn't able to work on the project to fix all problems. On Sunday I found a little time to work on this and there is the first alpha version.
The bits are compiled against NetBeans development version. You can dawnload the latest nightly builds from NetBeans site. If you want to try it I suggest these steps:
- Download the nbm with the Prado support.
- Download the latest nightly build. Download the OS independent zip file.
- Unzip the zip file somewhere.
- Open a console window and go to the folder, where you unziped NetBeans.
- Go to the netbeans/bin folder.
- Start NetBeans with --userdir switch:
- Unix machines:
./netbeans --userdir /path/to/test/userdir/folder
- Win machines:
netbeans.exe --userdir X:\\path\\to\\test\\userdir\\folder
- Unix machines:
- In NetBeans invoke Plugin Manager (Tools -> Plugins).
- In Download tab click on the Add Plugins... button.
- Browse the downloaded nbm.
- Click on the Install button and follow instruction.
- You have to restart the IDE.
I created the nbm against the development version, because it was for me much easier to fix certain problems. I have tested just little bit due to luck of time, but I don't expect that everything will work and not everything is implemented. I have noticed that the Prado code completion doesn't have to work in page files at the first time. In such case open the appropriate php file and go back to the page file.
When you will play with this, don't forgot to put Prado framework into the include path of the project.