SFTP support added
By Tomas Mysik on Nov 18, 2008
Recently, many of you asked for not only FTP support but also SFTP - yesterday we fulfilled your wish so everyone can easily try it now. Of course, one has to download the development version of NetBeans or wait for the first milestone of the next NB version (after NB 6.5).
Meanwhile, let's setup and use our first SFTP connection...
1. Create a new SFTP connection - create a new Run Configuration (Remote Web Site) and Manage Remote connections.
2. Provide all the details and test the connection.
3. Try to upload some files.
4. And watch the log if everything goes fine...
5. ... and your files are successfully stored on your server.
6. That's it!
As you can see, the behaviour is the same like for our FTP support so nobody should have any problem with it, I hope. And of course, like every time, please, let us know how you enjoy it and whether it works for you (if not, please report all the issues or enhancements to our IssueZilla, component PHP, subcomponent ftp_support).
Thanks a lot.